[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

just don't go to boston

crispirons

just don't go to david boston looking for help. interesting read about the roy at wr in the nfl. heres the article.

TAMPA - Michael Clayton has no problem muscling his way past defenders as the NFL's top rookie receiver.

But the Bucs' 6-foot-4, 197-pound star would like to bulk up in the offseason.

"I walk around this locker room and I see guys with bulging muscles and all this stuff," Clayton, 22, said. "And I'm out of college with these skinny arms. So I'm going to take great pride in getting in the weight room. I want to bulk up a little bit."

Coach Jon Gruden reminds Clayton that he can get bigger and better next season.

"When I see a picture of ( Terrell Owens)," Gruden said of the 6-3, 226-pound Eagles receiver, "I cut it out and give it to (Clayton)."

Clayton, who leads the Bucs with 70 catches for 988 yards and four touchdowns, takes the message to heart.

"He says, "I don't want no skinny receivers,' " Clayton said of Gruden. " "See T.O.'s arms? We want arms like T.O.' But it's all fun, it's all good. I know what I have to do in the offseason. I don't have to gain any more weight, just a little muscle, maybe shape up the body. As far as commitment, it's all there."

Clayton said the wear and tear of the long NFL season has taken a toll on him physically.

"One thing I've learned this year, you have to take care of your body, because if you don't, your body will shut down," Clayton said. "I have to hear from Derrick ( Brooks) every day, "Get in the training room. I'd better see you there at 7 o'clock in the morning.' "

But before Clayton hits the weight room in the offseason, he wants some time off.

"I want to travel, also," he said. "It's been a long season for me so I might go to Europe somewhere, just hang out with some friends and have fun."

I think Barry Bonds trainer is looking for work ... :D

In all seriousness, however, you're right on the money when you say don't go all the way to Boston. I believe that so many of these hamstring pulls and groin pulls that folks suffer through are because they are so bound up. Muscle tone and a bit of bulk are good things -- but they can certainly be over done, especially for a player depending on fluid movement.