[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help me with my WR3...

MTSuper7

League is a PPR with bonus points awarded for longer TDs (so you might slightly weigh a guy with long TD potential more than someone who typically gets their TDs in the red zone).

My options:

Sammy Watkins (@ CHI) - Leaning this way for the homerun ball, but the situation is dicey with the QB play as well as Watkins' ribs. Still, there is a lot of upside here even with crappy QB play (and knowing that they'll probably be playing catchup with the Bears' potent offense).

Rueben Randle (@ DET) - He probably has a better chance to score a TD than Watkins, but the Giants have looked putrid and going into Detroit on a Monday night for their opening game is almost as bad as it could be matchup-wise. Feels like Bad Eli will likely show up.

James Jones (@ NYJ) - This would be the biggest risk / reward IMO. Derek Carr is an unknown at QB. Nobody knows who he will throw to most, how successful he will be, etc. - But the Jets are trotting out arguably the worst corners in the league, and Jones is their theoretical #1. I think I need to see a week or two of Oakland's offense before knowing what I've got in James Jones.

Opinions and rationale appreciated!

I would start Randle. Watkins is banged up and EJ Manuel has looked terrible. Jones plays for the Raiders and was always sort of inconsistent. That leaves Randle, that game should be high scoring so I would go with him. It might not sound ideal but I like Eli better than all those qbs by a wide margin.

Edited by Football Follies

Randle for sure.

Watkins is a rookie in his first game with sore ribs and an offense that couldn't move the ball at all this preseason playing on the road in Cicagos home opener. No thanks.

James Jones who was a 'decent' WR with Aaron Rodgers throwing him the ball, first game in a new offense, Rookie QB playing on the road in the Meadowlands against a pretty good Jets defense. No Thanks.

Randle playing at home against detroit which should force NYG to throw a ton playing catch up. DING DING DING.

League is a PPR with bonus points awarded for longer TDs (so you might slightly weigh a guy with long TD potential more than someone who typically gets their TDs in the red zone).

My options:

Sammy Watkins (@ CHI) - Leaning this way for the homerun ball, but the situation is dicey with the QB play as well as Watkins' ribs. Still, there is a lot of upside here even with crappy QB play (and knowing that they'll probably be playing catchup with the Bears' potent offense).

Rueben Randle (@ DET) - He probably has a better chance to score a TD than Watkins, but the Giants have looked putrid and going into Detroit on a Monday night for their opening game is almost as bad as it could be matchup-wise. Feels like Bad Eli will likely show up.

James Jones (@ NYJ) - This would be the biggest risk / reward IMO. Derek Carr is an unknown at QB. Nobody knows who he will throw to most, how successful he will be, etc. - But the Jets are trotting out arguably the worst corners in the league, and Jones is their theoretical #1. I think I need to see a week or two of Oakland's offense before knowing what I've got in James Jones.

Opinions and rationale appreciated!

For me it is Randle without looking twice.

I expect a Chargerlike rebound from the Giants offense this year and Eli uses both his WR's.

Watkins might end up nicve but usually rookie WR's don't help much til the very end of the year. plus Watkins has been staying hurt.

I personally have no use for James Jones. he may prove me wrong but I don't believe he would of ever got a starting job had he not been lucky enough to play for the Packers. he no longer has Aaron Rodgers and a excellent group of WR's to hide the fact that he cannot create separation. his best use is as a red zone threat IMO.

For me it is Randle without looking twice.

I expect a Chargerlike rebound from the Giants offense this year and Eli uses both his WR's.

Watkins might end up nicve but usually rookie WR's don't help much til the very end of the year. plus Watkins has been staying hurt.

I personally have no use for James Jones. he may prove me wrong but I don't believe he would of ever got a starting job had he not been lucky enough to play for the Packers. he no longer has Aaron Rodgers and a excellent group of WR's to hide the fact that he cannot create separation. his best use is as a red zone threat IMO.

RE; James Jones, I heard he had an MRI last year to see if he had hands.

Jones was one of my late round fliers - a lottery ticket pick. I don't have delusions that he is going to blow up, but in the 15th or 16th round, what are you going to do?

Thanks for the responses so far. Randle is probably the safe play here. Watkins I think has more upside depending on how creative they get in trying to feed him. The Bills sure have sucked at using C.J. Spiller effectively, so there's reason for concern even with E.J. Manuel sucking. I feel like I'm talking myself into Randle, lol.