[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Help-Elliot/Hogan for Gronk/Martin

pteromyini

My team is currently sitting at 3-2 and second in my league in scoring, but I have this trade offer and have mixed feelings about it. It is a 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), DST, K standard scoring league.
My team:
QB- Carr, Cousins
RB- David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliot, LeSean McCoy

WR- Kelvin Benjamin, Alshon Jeffery, Willie Snead, Sammie Coates, Chris Hogan, Tyrell Williams

TE- Charles Clay

DST- Vikings, Titans

K- Josh Brown

Martin is obviously a risk, but I like his schedule especially for the playoffs(14-17). Gronk would obviously be a big upgrade. That said, right now I have 3 stud RBs that I start every week and that is nice.

Thanks! Feel free to ask your own questions and I will return the favor as best I can.

Really interesting trade offer. I'll be honest, I'm a Buc fan but Martin still makes me nervous. He gets injured every other year, and he's due this year... and hamstring injuries can linger. It won't necessarily, but it's a factor.

Yes Gronk is a huge upgrade....

Argh man. I think I'd take it because you get such a huge upgrade at a position you have to start a body (TE), and will still be able to play Martin or a WR in your flex spot. It just hurts getting rid of Zeke.

• Like 1

Hmm, both Martin (as I mentioned) and Howard have their potential issues. Howard's is sample size, as you mentioned, as well as what the coaching staff will do when Langford is healthy again. Will they split reps and ruin both their fantasy production? Ugh.

I think I'd stick with Martin because 1) Sims is on IR, and 2) the Bucs have seen they HAVE to have a running game to take pressure off of Jameis, and to free up those WRs with play-action. They're committed to pounding the ball (see: Carolina game with Rodgers' 30 carries)... I just hope the weeks Martin's had off have been enough to really rest him and he doesn't reaggravate the injury when he comes back. (as both a fantasy owner and a Buc fan)

I'd hold on to Elliot . . . he's by FAR the best player in this trade. Martin had a good rookie year and a good contract year. He got paid, so I wouldn't bet on him doing as well this year.

Not sure if I fully agree with that. But I wouldn't trade. Your RBs are stacked, and along with the Vikings' D, they can carry you the rest of the season.