[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Strategy: which FA move to make for playoffs?

msaint

Current team:

QBs (Start 1): Bulger :D, Brooks :D, Garcia :D :D, McMahon :D

RBs (2): McGahee, GJones, C. Perry, Alstott

WRs (2): Holt, Boldin, D.Bennett

TE: Witten

D: Panthers

K: Janikowski

I have a Week 14 bye, playoffs start for me in the semi's Week 15. Barring any injuries/pickups, starting lineup in playoff round 1 will be an unspiring bunch of:

Brooks vs. CAR

McGahee vs. DEN, G.Jones vs. SF

Holt vs. PHI, Boldin @ HOU

Witten @ WASH

Janik vs CLE

Panthers @ NO

I have the first drop-add pickthis week, and throughout the playoffs. What would your first move be? (This is assuming Bulger stays out, which is about 99% likely)

1) I could grab D.Carr to start at home against ARI or Tuiasosopo to start at home vs. CLE Week 15 (and then have Brooks vs. DET in Week 16).

2) I could grab Moats as a deep emergency RB for his Week 15 & 16 matchups vs. STL and ARIZ.

3) I could roll the dice with my position players and upgrade at K by replacing Janikowski with Akers (STL, ARIZ...no weather worries, baf offense??) or Edinger (in dome Week 15).

So, what's my biggest need for Week 15....solidify my RB or QB?

Edited by msaint

Helping your RB problems wouldn't be a bad idea, but Bennet has tough matchups, and his consistancy is uncertain.

And David Carr sucks.

So I say...

Tui! Tui! Tui! Tui!

Tui has good matchups, and good WRs. He will get warmed up against the Jets, then go right along into being the leader for ya in Week 15. Can't go wrong with Tuiassossopo.

I'm having the same WW problem, if ya wouldn't mind giving me a look here, would be much appreciated.

Good Luck.

I'd grab...:gulp: Tui for McMahon, heck I'd take Carr for Garcia just in case as well.

Your RB situation isn't great either especially if Taylor comes back. Perry might not be a bad play instead, Rudi might get some rest. Unless Moore is out or Bennett is named the starter stay away. Alstott only has value in TD only leagues, Caddy is getting better.

Good Luck!

The BYE week might get you Bulger back, if not, neither Carr nor Tui are an upgrade over Brooks.

Grabbing Moats isn't a bad option. Getting starting RB's is always a good thing, even though the Beagles suck. Look at it this way, you have no immediate need that will get resolved with what's out there on the WW, so grab the hottest WW commodity, and that's Moats.

If you waste your WW position on a PK I'm driving up to New England and beating you over your head with your book.

Edited by Hugh 0ne