[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SOME Steeler fans go to far

MojoMan

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/otherNFL/...rticleid=122698

HS boy hazed by teacher for wearing Elway jersey.

1286172[/snapback]

I saw this yesterday....this kid has to SUCK IT UP...if he is going to go and wear the opposing team's jersey to a school in that town, he should be ready for some hazing...

This actually happened to me when I was like in fifth grade...I was (and am) a HUGE Niner fan living in So Cal, when the Niners played the Rams (the LA Rams) in the NFC title game (a game we won 30-3, mind you)...the week of that game, I wore my NIner jersey to school, and I TOOK ALOT of abuse...but you know what, I EXPECTED it...and this kid should have to if he was going to wear a Bronco jersey in Pittsburgh last week.

are you kidding me niner2006???

hazing by fellow students is one thing and can be understood to a degree as long as it doesnt get violent....

hazing by an adult in a power position is 100% wrong! no 2 ways about it...at no time should a teacher put his or her personal beliefs before a students welfare...

this is ridiculous and the teacher should be gone!

No, it shouldn't be expected. It's a school, not a friggin pep rally. He is there to learn, the teachers are there to teach. I can see if a fellow student mocked him, but in this case a teacher did, and even went as far as telling the other students to throw things at him. Inexcusable IMO, and the teacher should be reprimanded.

are you kidding me niner2006???

hazing by fellow students is one thing and can be understood to a degree as long as it doesnt get violent....

hazing by an adult in a power position is 100% wrong!  no 2 ways about it...at no time should a teacher put his or her personal beliefs before a students welfare...

this is ridiculous and the teacher should be gone!

1286191[/snapback]

Violent?? Student's welfare?? DIdnt know his "welfare was in jeapordy" I didnt know throwing paper at a student could cause so much damage!!

I guess I have thicker skin than most, but what happened to that student wouldn't have bothered me...

I'll say it again, if you don't want to get teased/hazed/whatever, DONT WEAR THE OPPOSING TEAMS JERSEY TO SCHOOL IN THAT CITY OF A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME...

Unless that is, you are the obnoxious kid that I was (and some claim that I still am) trying to get a reaction something like this!!

Edited by NinersIn2006!

Violent??  Student's welfare??  DIdnt know his "welfare was in jeapordy" I didnt know throwing paper at a student could cause so much damage!!

I guess I have thicker skin than most, but what happened to that student wouldn't have bothered me...

I'll say it again, if you don't want to get teased/hazed/whatever, DONT WEAR THE OPPOSING TEAMS JERSEY TO SCHOOL IN THAT CITY OF A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME...

Unless that is, you are the obnoxious kid that I was (and some claim that I still am) trying to get a reaction something like this!!

1286205[/snapback]

You're missing the point.....

when i mentioned violent...i didnt mean this specific time, just in general

dont get me wrong, im all about hazing someone in good fun....

but a teacher is there to educate and thats it....he went a bit too far in my opinion...

Edited by dmarc117

You're missing the point.....

1286206[/snapback]

I guess I am...I'm a pretty thick skinned individual, and it takes ALOT to really bother me...

I dont know, I guess I just think that taking a test on the floor and having students throw papers at me wouldnt bother me too much...definetly not something I would go public with and start some big uproar over...

Maybe the teacher should have resisted, but I'm not sure this is something he should lose his job over...he could have done ALOT worse...

Edited by NinersIn2006!

I guess I am...I'm a pretty thick skinned individual, and it takes ALOT to really bother me...

I dont know, I guess I just think that taking a test on the floor and having students throw papers at him wouldnt bother me too much...definetly not something I would go public with and start some big uproar over...

Maybe the teacher should have resisted, but I'm not sure this is something he should lose his job over...he could have done ALOT worse...

1286217[/snapback]

Heck, I'm as thick skinned as they come, but it doesn't matter. Even if it didn't bother this kid at all, the teacher should still be reprimanded. It isn't about the kid, it's about the teacher. You just do not do those kinds of things while holding a position such as a teacher. No friggin way. At the very least this teacher should be suspended without pay. What really irks me is that he feels he did nothing wrong. You want a teacher like that teaching your kids? If he did that to your kid???

And I will admit, I am not a teacher, so I cannot speak to the whole "teacher-student" relationship and what it is supposed to be. But in talking to a few friends who are teachers, they have kind of said the same things that have been said here.

I have only been on one side of that relationship and know what happened to that kid would not have bothered me.

Maybe what should happen is the teacher apologizes and let the kid re-take the test. Firing him is a bit extreme IMO.

I dont know, I guess I just think that taking a test on the floor and having students throw papers at me wouldnt bother me too much...definetly not something I would go public with and start some big uproar over...

1286217[/snapback]

Teachers are in a position of authority. They are expected to show a good example. This teacher did not show a good example and used his authority to have the other students 'attack' another.

Doesn't matter what they threw at him.... the teacher was completely in the wrong.

affecting a kid while taking a midterm seems pretty bad to me...bad grade on midterm equals bad grade in class...that could affect his gpa

Teachers are in a position of authority. They are expected to show a good example. This teacher did not show a good example and used his authority to have the other students 'attack' another.

Doesn't matter what they threw at him.... the teacher was completely in the wrong.

1286230[/snapback]

As usual, sky has hit the nail on the head. If you don't get the difference between his peers and his teacher hazing him niners..........enough said.

affecting a kid while taking a midterm seems pretty bad to me...bad grade on midterm equals bad grade in class...that could affect his gpa

1286234[/snapback]

I agree with you there...whether it would have affected me or not, it did, and his GPA should not suffer because of this...I'll give you that...

Thats why I said let him re-take the test...

1286230[/snapback]

Good info here.

I saw this yesterday....this kid has to SUCK IT UP...if he is going to go and wear the opposing team's jersey to a school in that town, he should be ready for some hazing...

This actually happened to me when I was like in fifth grade...I was (and am) a HUGE Niner fan living in So Cal, when the Niners played the Rams (the LA Rams) in the NFC title game (a game we won 30-3, mind you)...the week of that game, I wore my NIner jersey to school, and I TOOK ALOT of abuse...but you know what, I EXPECTED it...and this kid should have to if he was going to wear a Bronco jersey in Pittsburgh last week.

1286182[/snapback]

Paper balls being thrown at you?

Wedgie?

Covered wagon?

D!ldo up the @$$?

Broomstick up the @$$?

Details boy.

As usual, sky has hit the nail on the head.  If you don't get the difference between his peers and his teacher hazing him niners..........enough said.

1286248[/snapback]

Seriously though, I can see all your points there...there is a difference between a teacher and his peers hazing him....but I do think the kid overreacted since I have read about it on ESPN.com and on this message board....

Express your thoughts to the teacher, explain how it affected you during the test, and the teacher should let him re-take it...case closed, no media coverage..

But then again, what would we have to talk about around here then? We only have two weeks to talk about ONE GAME...

Well I guess I'm just a heartless A-hole!!

1286259[/snapback]

No one said that. :D

If it had just been other students your stand would have been fine.

From what I read... even your teacher friends said that the teacher did wrong.