[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What RB to start as #3

Mags

Starting Chris Johnson and Ray Rice this week, but with Benson on bye who do I go with:

P. Thomas vs Atl

L. McCoy vs G-Men (assuming Westbrook sits out)

B. Wells vs Carolina

I have Thomas in right now, but anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

I don't think I'd go with McCoy simply because he's facing the Giants. NY has allowed some rushing touchdowns, but I think it might get it's act together for this one. Thomas might be your best bet until Arizona shows it's going to give Wells more chances than Tim Hightower. Thomas seems to have the best odds for you. That's what my gut says, but you should go with yours. I picked up Wells in hopes that he'll be getting more starting back duties, but I want to see that happen before I stick him in. But I also have two other good backs in Brandon Jacobs and Chris Johnson, so that decision isn't a game breaker for me when Wells' good matchups come. Atlanta is going to have to focus on the pass, which might open up the run game for New Orleans, which I think makes Thomas your best bet.

Edited by followthatcarpenter

I also need to choose between Wells & PT this week. Unlike the other posters' suggestions, I'm leaning toward Wells (which probably means you should start PT LOL).

Both have relatively good match-ups.

It now appears to me that PT not only has to contend with Bush, but Bell will get the ball when they get close to the endzone. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 80+ yards with no TD's or 100+ with 2 TD's. I just think that no TD's is more likely. I'm disappointed with his current situation, but Bell has been pretty effective as well and you can't blame NO for trying to get production from all of their weapons.

Wells has shown himself to be a pretty good RB with power and moves. Last week opened some eyes, including the coach who now says he'll go with the hot hand when it come to the running game. To me there's no question who that will be from now on and if they run it in the red-zone. It will be Wells carrying the ball. I think he will get similar yardage to PT, but is more likely to score a TD.

Not trying to muddy the waters. Just wanted to present another viewpoint.

Edited by ljbrun