[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hugh One

Vet

I don't often ask for draft advice, but...

I have #1 and #3 in my dynasty league. Ten teams, ten keepers, top 100 pretty much off the board before the draft starts. Cadillac, Arrington, Brown and Benson will likely be the first 4 picks, and I'll get two of them.

How would you rank them in terms of 3-5 year potential? (I have Julius Jones and Rudi Johnson as my starters this year, so I'm drafting for the future.)

Thanks -

I rank them

1. Williams

2. Arrington

3. Brown

4. Benson

Williams has Gruden gushing in TB. He will be the stud there. Arrington will be the man in Ariz. I just give an edge to a RB in a Gruden system over a d. Green system.

Brown has Ricky to worry about and Benson has his head up his Rear

Edited by lynch

I don't often ask for draft advice, but...

I have #1 and #3 in my dynasty league.  Ten teams, ten keepers, top 100 pretty much off the board before the draft starts.  Cadillac, Arrington, Brown and Benson will likely be the first 4 picks, and I'll get two of them.

How would you rank them in terms of 3-5 year potential? (I have Julius Jones and Rudi Johnson as my starters this year, so I'm drafting for the future.)

Thanks -

942513[/snapback]

Tough call. Rookie RB's are always tough to judge.

I think Arrington and Williams are your best bets for immediate success. Benson is just shooting himself in the foot here by not signing, and I know you're asking 3-5 years down the road, but that's pretty impossible to predict, so I'd look at it as to who will be the best RB now, and then hope they stay healthy and productive in the future. The rookie year can make or break and RB when they get the starting nod, and Arrington and Williams will have that opportunity.

What I also like about Arrington and Williams is that they both really fit into their coaches style of play. Arrington will be a Denny Green disciple, and Williams will be Gruden's very own feature back. That and the fact that they've been in camp on time really helps.

Hope that helps.

Long term..I see it this way

1. Caddy - I believe Gruden knows how to put up numbers and will feature this back. Caddy will have a good season this year and play well for years to come. Tampa's D, while not what is was, will keep the games close enough to ensure the Bucs can still run the ball in the fourth quarter.

2. Benson - while he may lose a starting role this season, he will be the man by next year. Bears are a ball control team that relies on defense to keep games close. Benson will be strong in the long run.

3. Brown - Ronnie will start this year behind a weak line with an average-at-best QB, a weak defense, and an unproven college coach. I think that is a lot of risk to carry today and tomorrow. I believe Brown is the best talent of these guys, but his surroundings will hurt his potential. Remember, even Ricky's numbers were lack luster the year before he quit....he was facing 8-9 man fronts on every down. Also, the Ricky factor cannot be ignored. If Ricky goes away before the season starts, I might bump him to #2.

4. Arrington - if this guy were bigger and not playing for the cardinals, I would rank him higher. If you believe the Cards have turned the corner, take him higher. Problem is, the Cards will be in shootouts and forced to throw the ball. Arrington may suffer.

Good luck

Long term..I see it this way

1. Caddy - I believe Gruden knows how to put up numbers and will feature this back. Caddy will have a good season this year and play well for years to come. Tampa's D, while not what is was, will keep the games close enough to ensure the Bucs can still run the ball in the fourth quarter.

2. Benson - while he may lose a starting role this season, he will be the man by next year. Bears are a ball control team that relies on defense to keep games close. Benson will be strong in the long run.

3. Brown - Ronnie will start this year behind a weak line with an average-at-best QB, a weak defense, and an unproven college coach. I think that is a lot of risk to carry today and tomorrow. I believe Brown is the best talent of these guys, but his surroundings will hurt his potential. Remember, even Ricky's numbers were lack luster the year before he quit....he was facing 8-9 man fronts on every down. Also, the Ricky factor cannot be ignored. If Ricky goes away before the season starts, I might bump him to #2.

4. Arrington - if this guy were bigger and not playing for the cardinals, I would rank him higher. If you believe the Cards have turned the corner, take him higher. Problem is, the Cards will be in shootouts and forced to throw the ball. Arrington may suffer.

Good luck

942910[/snapback]

Thanks!