[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What was that 'flexible schedule' again?

Puddy

I remember a year or so ago there was discussion of MNF being changed in a way to increase the chances of a good matchup. I thought the discussion was to schedule two games every Monday and let ABC/ESPN decide which game to show nationally and the other shown in local markets only.

Anyone else remember this? If so, is it coming to fruition?

As I recall (too busy to look for a link) it's part of the new TV contract that kicks in next year. I think it just gives the NFL the opportunity to reschedule up to seven games a year that's scheduled for Sunday to be switched to Monday night, making the Monday night game a better match-up based on current play.

Although I believe there's also a clause that they can also switch games to Thursday or Saturday night for more national attention as well. In the best of all worlds, starting in 2006, we could have NFL football on Thursday night, Saturday night, all day Sunday and Sunday night, and Monday night.

I looked for a link anyway.