[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edgerrin James next year?

RuleBritannia

cap'n hook strikes again...I skimmed ur post and I have 2 things to say...

6th or 7th year...it doesn't matter, he's a FA...who gives a sh!t and umm..

nobody said Freeney was a FA...that doesn't mean they don't want to lock him up long term and get it over with before he starts making noise...

and as long as they keep Simon, he weighs down the cap...no way around it...

and I doubt Edge stays...especially when he can get alot more money from teams like the Cardinals and Browns.....

:D  Yeah, and in other news.....Manny Ramirez has never said he wants to leave Boston.

1097658[/snapback]

he's more concerned with trying to put sh!t in people's face rather than prove a point...

don't worry about his personal opinions as they usually lack any real insight usually found here at the huddle.....

6th or 7th year...it doesn't matter, he's a FA...who gives a sh!t and umm..

1097637[/snapback]

Actually, it does matter. Polian decided to trade Marshall Faulk because he didn't want to sign him to a long-term deal, due to the shelf life of a RB. Marshall played for the Colts for 5 years. He had three great years for the Rams, and then started to decline. The Colts have had Edge for 7 years, and I think Polian is worried about the same thing. He doesn't want to sign an RB to a 5 year deal if he's only got 2-3 good years left. I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm saying that seems to be Polians m.o.

nobody said Freeney was a FA...that doesn't mean they don't want to lock him up long term and get it over with before he starts making noise...

1097637[/snapback]

"starts making noise"?? Like leading the league in sacks? That boat has sailed. The Colts will have to sign Freeney to a long term extension that will make him the highest paid DE in the league. My point is, everyone thinks they HAVE to do it this year. They don't. Freeney does have another year on his deal.

and as long as they keep Simon, he weighs down the cap...no way around it...

1097637[/snapback]

you made it sound like having Simon was going to force them to choose between Freeney and James. You obviously didn't know that he basically signed a one year deal. The Colts can walk away from the contract after this year if they choose.

and I doubt Edge stays...especially when he can get alot more money from teams like the Cardinals and Browns.....

1097637[/snapback]

If the CBA gets signed, Edge will stay.

he's more concerned with trying to put sh!t in people's face rather than prove a point...

don't worry about his personal opinions as they usually lack any real insight usually found here at the huddle.....

1097667[/snapback]

Lighten up Francis. I'll give you more good info on the Colts than anyone. You seem to be the one who doesn't know what they are talking about.