[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brooks, Delhomme, or Brad Johnson?

Steelhead

Delhomme @ATL

Brooks vs TB

Johnson @DET

Brooks did well @NYJ and that wasn't expected at all. He is so inconsistent but has done better the last 3 weeks than Delhomme who seems to be in a rut. I don't like Brooks going up against TB, but Johnson was able to do well against CLE and you would expect him to do the same against Detroit.

thanks Mama!  I was thinking  of playing him, but just not sure if I can rely on him or not.  Which is why I'm looking at Johnson.

1181000[/snapback]

I'll be the first to admit that I haven't given Brad Johnson enough credit. I'm just not sure if he's better than I think he is, or if he keeps getting lucky. Bottom line stats aren't different either way, but I keep expecting him to tank and he keeps winning. Brooks has merely benefited greatly from the loss of Deuce McA's pressence and Stallworth stepping up. Horn isn't setting the world on fire, but he's back to contributing. Though, I wish Az Hakim were in game shape. He adds that extra dimension to the deep passing game. Eh, at least Stecker and the Saints filler TE have stepped up to give Brooks added passing options.

They both have their down side, but are both playing well right now. If you can't develop a comfortable gut feeling for which one you like better, let weakness of opponent be the tie-breaker. passing yards allowed, passing TDs allowed, INTs, and sacks are usually the factors I look at in that regard.

Fitz is out there too, but I don't have a good feeling about him.  I'm feeling like I should just go with Brooks.  Hell Brunell and Vick did well against the Bucs.

1181622[/snapback]

Tampa Bay's pass defense has given up a lot more fantasy points in the last 4 weeks (about 12th most), relative to the season as a whole (2nd least). Just gotta cross your fingers and hope Brooks continues bring some game. But in most leauges, since Week 5, Brooks has been as good as the 5th best QB of the week, but never worse than top 12th. His 2005 performance is better than he gets credit for, especially given the state of the Saints as a team this year. But past performances make him a hard guy to trust.

Good luck in Week 13.