[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On the fence on a big time trade

Cunning Runt

I was approached by an owner trying to shop Steve Smith 'cause his RBs currently are, shall we say, not good.

At any rate, I'm currently 20-4 (two opponents weekly) and solid. I'm tied for 1st record-wise, but way behind points-wise to a team that is the strongest/deepest I've ever seen in our 12 team league. Unless his guys get hurt, I don't think I can beat him in the playoffs - all his guys will play all season too - no resting of players on his lineup.

Here are the pertinent players on my roster (starters in bold):

QB: J. Plummer, B. Johnson

RB: S. Alexander, L. Jordan, W. Parker, D. Foster

WR: C. Johnson, R. Wayne, L. Coles, R. Brown,

TE: McMichael

I can maybe do a deal like this:

J. Plummer, L. Jordan, R. Wayne, R. McMichael

for:

M. Vick, S. Smith, A. Crumpler, B. Stokely (though the Stokely part of the trade is nothing more than an add-on to make the deal even numbers-wise - he'd never leave my bench).

I'd then start Vick, Alexander, Parker or Foster, Johnson, Smith, Crumpler and flex either Coles or Foster/Parker.

Seriously not sure if the gain at WR and TE and maybe QB is worth the loss of Jordan, who is currently ranked #4 in our league's RB scoring. Can Foster become "the guy" in Carolina? Is Parker a decent enought #2? Help a brotha out with some feedback.

Edited by Cunning Runt

i'd steer clear of this one. the tandem of alex/jordan should not be messed with. go with what got you here. wayne is also very solid. the combo of jordan/wayne is not worth smith. i also like plummer over vick due to vick's inconsistency.

just keep rolling along you runt ... don't tinker.

i'd steer clear of this one.  the tandem of alex/jordan should not be messed with.  go with what got you here.  wayne is also very solid.  the combo of jordan/wayne is not worth smith.  i also like plummer over vick due to vick's inconsistency.

just keep rolling along you runt ... don't tinker.

1182682[/snapback]

The Crumpler factor? Still not worth it?