[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crazy as Hell Picks of the Week!

rattsass

Okay guys, I've had almost 2 full days to digest the fact that the playoffs are not going as scheduled. The Colts. How many times will I let them burn me? Apparently through infinity and beyond. But that was last week and dwelling on the past too much can turn you into the lonely guy in the broken down house at the end of the street everyone is afraid to go near. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I digress. Feel free to add your own thoughts, or comment on the insanity of mine.

Panthers +4 I was waiting with anticipation to jump on the line as soon as it hit the wire Sunday, and actually got some action at +4 1/2, but I'm just as comfortable with 4. Why? Why should I bet against the mighty Seahawk machine at home? If you had asked me 2-3 weeks ago I would probably would have bet my left nut that Seattle would win the NFC. But after watching the Jake and Stevie show against the defense being compared to the Ravens Championship team. AND after carefully re-visiting the past in my mind which is awash in Seahawks choke jobs. Even at home. I just can't do it. There is just no way in hell I can lay 4 against the Panthers in this game. All the Panthers have shown in these kinds of positions is that they find a way to win. Seattle is about to face it's Waterloo.

As far as I'm concerned This is a pick 'em regardless of where it is being played, or the weather conditions, or anything else. I know in my head that the Seahawks are probably the superior team, but much like Indy last week I just don't think that will be enough.

I'd like to tell you to play the over on this game, because that is what I think will happen. But if there is a monsoon and the ball weighs twice what it should that would be a risky bet and I wouldn't invest heavily.

If they ever post a moneyline bet, probably Carolina +125 or so, I would like that bet too. Even if I think the game is a complete toss-up, and I have to pick a side to win. I'm going with the side that pays me 1.25 to 1 odds. I love those kind of bets.

Broncos -3.5 Yeah, I know. I know. I have gone 6-2 in the playoffs against the number, yet I pick against the same team that has brought me down a third time. You see. This is why gamblers never win. Here we have a situation where I have been sucked into betting against the trend. They can't possibly do it again.....can they?

This game makes my head hurt. On one hand, I know that Jake Plummer will never lead a team to a Championship. I have been telling people that for the better part of a decade. I believe it. With all my heart. Yet my unemotional / analytical side says that the Broncos are clearly a better more rested team, and this game should not even be close. The Steelers have caught 2 very nice breaks in a row. They bashed Carson Palmers knee, and they survived a plot to overthrow them by the officials. They just won't go away. Why wouldn't I want to take that team WITH 3 1/2 points? Am I insane?

But once again, I remember. I remember all the money I lost betting on the Steelers in Championship games in years past. At home. Against inferior teams. And I'm going to bet on them on the road against a better team? Ahh yes. The memories. They won't let you forget. They won't let you forgive. Think I'll pass on Pittsburgh this time. I will forgive myself if I'm wrong with Denver. But if I was wrong with Pittsburgh again I would have no choice but to hang myself for being such a dumbass.

If you put a gun to my head I'd take the over on this game as well. But the low risk / low reward bet of the week is the 7 point teaser on both games over and Car and Den