[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which would you rather have?

Flip_Side

This might be considered "Fantasy Advice", so move it if u want. It's not a pick the starter though.

I'm in a huge dilemna, I'm in a big cash prize salary cap league and this is our last week to change our players throughout the playoffs.

My cap is really high so ive decided I can't afford to start a Defense, Kicker, and Tightend at the same time or i'll be over the cap.

So which would u guys go with, starting a defense and taking a 0 for my kicker and tightend or getting a 0 for Defense and starting a tightend and a kicker?

I realize that kickers really haven't gotten too many points during the playoffs, and the only TE this week that has a chance to put up big numbers is Heath Miller imo.

So what would you guys do?

What is the scoring system for this contest?

1280201[/snapback]

For TE:

1 pt every 10 yards receiving

6 per TD

For K:

1 per XP

3 per FG

6 per 50+

For D:

1 pt every sack

3 pts every fumble recovery or int

6 pts per D/ST score

6 per safety.

10 pts per shutuout

4 pts for holding under 14

Look at the scoring results from the rest of the year: I'd suspect the K's have ageraged highest, with the Defs often putting up big numbers, but averaging less. If so, assess the rest of your team: if you expect above average scores for your other starters, you can take a chance on a D that puts you over the top. If you are just average in the others, you might need to play it safe and go with the K, to assure some reasonable points. I'd stay away from the TE altogether.

I have a similar situation and am going with a zero fromthe TE spot. I did it based on the fact that I felt the TE's were not going to put up too much this weekend and I felt that the kickers might. My thinking was I would rather go Elam and Carolina Defense than a TE.

For TE:

1 pt every 10 yards receiving

6 per TD

For K:

1 per XP

3 per FG

6 per 50+

For D:

1 pt every sack

3 pts every fumble recovery or int

6 pts per D/ST score

6 per safety.

10 pts per shutuout

4 pts for holding under 14

1280204[/snapback]

With this scoring system I would not start a TE because there is no high-scoring TE left in the playoffs (Miller might score 10 points or so).

That leaves starting a kicker and a defense if you can swing it.

The tough part comes if you have to pick either a defense or a kicker. The chances of kicking a longer FG are greater in Denver because of the altitude and the quality of the kickers involved. Carolina and Seattle also have good kickers, but Qwest Field is outdoors, at sea level, and the conditions will probably be wet. All the defenses involved can put pressure on the QB, cause turnovers (especially in Seattle if it is wet), and score. For that reason you may want to start a defense.