[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone have a video ipod?

Randall

i bought one for my wife...she wanted the video one and i told her she would never use it....well, guess what?  she has yet to use the video....

but it is cool!!!!!

1295400[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking too. How much will it actually be used?

Yeah it does look cool but so does the Nano. I'll probably get a 20G color(no video) though. Thanks

Got one for our son. He really likes it. Yes, you use the music features more, but the video is pretty cool and really a crisp picture.

Chronicles -What -Of Narija on a 2 in screen is still funny!

My dad just bought one and I spent some time playing with it - pretty cool and a surprisingly crisp, bright picture. I was impressed.

Practically speaking, I don't know if it's for everyone. He travles internationally quite a bit so I think he'll make good use of it. Personally, I don't think I would. Unless you spend a lot of time travelling or commuting the music one would probably be fine.

The plus sides to the video:

1) The 30gig is app. 33% smaller than the previous ones.

2) The video portion is really cool, great picture.

3) There is a program to convert your movies so you can put them on your Ipod.

4) Itunes now offers a variety of shows and videos.

5) The 30gig is not too much more expensive than the nano or color.

6) You can store pictures on it ( I think you can with the color too :D )

7) Tivo is supposed to be making it possible to save what you record easily to your Ipod or PSP I believe via your PC.

8) I really like mine :D

The negatives to the video:

1) If you alredy have an Itrip from an earlier Ipod it will not work with the video and the new one is $50 and has not gotten great reviews. There are other options other than the Itrip however.

2) If you do use the Itrip you can't charge your Ipod at the same time because the new Itrip plugs into the dock connector as does the charger, but only an issue for long trips.

I can't think of anything else right now, if I do I'll update.

BTW no matter which one you buy go to the applestore online and go into the education part of it, say your a student, pick a school and get a discount. I saved $30 on mine :D

The plus sides to the video:

4) Itunes now offers a variety of shows and videos.

BTW no matter which one you buy go to the applestore online and go into the education part of it, say your a student, pick a school and get a discount. I saved $30 on mine :D

1295683[/snapback]

Itunes just added about 15 new shows this weekend you can download....

My understanding is that if you buy online or from an Apple store you get the "monogrammed" Ipod. I have heard that if anything goes wrong with these, it is a much bigger hassle to get them repaired. Nothing has gone wrong with any of ours (4 in our household), but if something did go wrong, I hate hassles.

Itunes just added about 15 new shows this weekend you can download....

My understanding is that if you buy online or from an Apple store you get the "monogrammed" Ipod.  I have heard that if anything goes wrong with these, it is a much bigger hassle to get them repaired.  Nothing has gone wrong with any of ours (4 in our household), but if something did go wrong, I hate hassles.

1295711[/snapback]

You don't have to get them engraved, I didn't just in case I ever want to sell it.