[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GMason

theeohiostate

I picked GMU for round one ... but not round two.

It does increase the chance that my pick of Wichita State to the Elite 8 comes through for me, though.

I always LOVE seeing low-seed / no-name schools making the Sweet 16. A great opportunity for good coaches who get no/little love, solid players who never sniff live game action on ESPN and a good opportunity to highlight some nice universities for them to recruit non-athletes to their school.

I mean, does anyone think that Duke will need any help recuriting good students for their gneneral student body?

PS - I read somewhere that the year after Georgia Tech won the national championship in football, that they had 3x the number of applications for enrollment. That's why I love seeing smaller-time / no-name programs succeeding in the tourney...

I read somewhere that the year after Georgia Tech won the national championship in football, that they had 3x the number of applications for enrollment.  That's why I love seeing smaller-time / no-name programs succeeding in the tourney...

1377191[/snapback]

University of Vermont has seen a huge increase in applications since Taylor Coppenrath and TJ Sorrentine took the men's basketball team to the national stage ... certainly, a charismatic new university president bent on improving their academic standards has much to do with it, but the national exposure surrrre helps raise inquiries at the very least.