[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I stupid?..............well don't answer that

Massamule

I am really interested in Matt Jones. I was thinking that maybe I could offer Branch for Jones straight-up to really get this guys attention and ensure a deal gets done. I don't want to make the same mistake this year that I did last. I kept Burleson w/ high hopes even though there were decent trade offers coming my way. I think Branch is this year's Nate, in that he may be overvalued right now. I was thinking Jones might be a good bet now that he's Jax's #1.

Would that be crazy or should I offer a rookie draft pick swap like:

Branch & 2.08

for

Jones & 2.03

Edited by Massamule

Yes. Jones is about to bust out and be a #1 WR. Branch will never be a #1.

Offer it. But if this guy is the least bit competent, he will reject that offer.

Branch is the number 1 WR in N.E.(and has been for a few years) and without Givens there I expect him to have a career year.

I like you really like Matt Jones to bust out this year. but the reality is that Branch is the safer choice.

Branch is the number 1 WR in N.E.(and has been for a few years) and without Givens there I expect him to have a career year.

I like you really like Matt Jones to bust out this year. but the reality is that Branch is the safer choice.

New England rarely has a standout #1 reciever. They spread the ball around too much.

Matt Jones could be a huge target for Byron this year and can easily be the #1, and you get to move up 5 spots in the draft.

I say jump on it.

New England rarely has a standout #1 reciever. They spread the ball around too much.

Matt Jones could be a huge target for Byron this year and can easily be the #1, and you get to move up 5 spots in the draft.

I say jump on it.

Well, I feel the same way about Branch. Even if there isn't a clear #2 WR, I still think Brady will throw a lot to his TE's and RB's (like he always has).

I know when Lefty was healthy, he targeted Jones quite a bit. Now that he will be the #1, things can only get better.

I also found these quotes interesting:

WR M.Jones Working In #1 Wideout Role

Bart Hubbuch, Florida Times-Union - [Full Article]

"HC Jack Del Rio said WR Matt Jones has been one of the standouts of the offseason program so far and is "clearly ahead of where he was this time last year." That's good news for the Jaguars, because Jones' role figures to increase this year after the sudden retirement of all-time franchise receiving leader WR Jimmy Smith this month. Just how much the Jaguars will rely on Jones has been obvious from the ongoing workouts at Alltel Stadium. Jones is lining up in Smith's old spot as the No. 1 wideout, ahead of 2004 first-round pick WR Reggie Williams."

and

"Unusual Homework For WR M.Jones

Bart Hubbuch, Florida Times-Union - [Full Article]

WR Matt Jones doesn't have WR Randy Moss' five Pro Bowls or 98 touchdowns receiving, but the Jaguars believe he has some similarities to the Raiders' wideout. That's why the Jaguars have given Jones some unusual homework this offseason: as many Moss highlight tapes as he can watch. HC Jack Del Rio wants Jones to learn as much as he can, because the coach is convinced his second-year receiver has the same talents that have made Moss one of the NFL's most feared receivers. "He's got that freakish athleticism that Moss has," Del Rio said of the 6-foot-6 Jones, who is 2 inches taller than Moss."

I don't know....Just makes me think that maybe I should gamble and get this guy before its too late.

Go for Matt Jones. Branch will never be a fantasy stud because they simply spread the ball there too much (and this beast of a kid Chad Jackson may just end up being a whole lot more talented than Branch anyway).

Go for Matt Jones and don't look back. You'll be glad you did.

i'd take branch. he's always been brady's favorite receiver and his opportunities should increase without givens. he should be good for 1200 and 7 td's. whild jones could exceed that, i'd say there's a greater likelihood he doesn't

2005 NWE 16 78 998 5 0 0 0 0

2004 NWE 9 35 454 4 0 0 0 1 1 0 0

2003 NWE 15 57 803 3 1 11 0 0 3 15 0

2002 NWE 13 43 489 2 2 0 0 0 2 58 0 35 837 0

If these are numbers you want from a #1 WR, then by all means go with Branch......

No thanks.

And Matt Jones has done what?

2005 JAC 16 36 432 5 12 51 0 0

Matt Jones has played about half a season, fella. And is already the # 1 on an offense where Smith excelled for years.

This is not a redraft league. Branch has been the "#1" in NE for about what 3 years now? And that's the best he's got? Not to mention he's in his 6th year. Shouldn't he be a little better by now? A 27 year old 6 year veteran?

The point is Jones will have as good as or better numbers than Branch this year. It will be his first year as a full-time starter and second in the league overall. Heck he matched Branches TDs with a third of the looks and half the catches last season.

Not to mention Branch is threatening to hold out. Good luck with that. I wouldn't touch Branch with a ten-foot pole.