[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Computer / network help anybody?

Grits and Shins

You have to setup a home network. I'm assuming you have some sort of router which your are connecting to, both your laptop and your desktop. If that's true, just run the network wizard on the desktop. One of the steps will be to name the Network. Remember this as you will need it for the notebook. Once the wizard is complete on the desktop, run the same thing on the laptop. In on of the steps it will ask if you want to connect to a network, click yes, and enter in the name you named the network. Once this has been run on both, the network should be setup.

You'll need to enable file sharing on which ever drive / folders you want to be able to see on both computers. This is easily done, just right click on the folder / drive and select sharing / security I believe it is off the top of my head. There should be a check box that enables sharing.

You need to do the same for the printer so you can see it on the network.

Let me see if I can dig up a site that makes more sense than my crappy instructions haha.

Help from Microsoft Setting up a Home Network Info

Edited by PunkMC

Good info above. For printers, go to control panel>printers>install a printer>printer connected to a network computer. Do this after you have enabled sharing.

Tip:

keep user names exactly the same on both systems.

Here's another good site:

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharin...aring/whole.htm

Edited by rocknrobn26