[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade help...Top RB's

Moneyshot

I am in a 12 team dynasty league.

1 pt-25 rush/rec

6 pt. TD

We start 2 RB's/2 WR's or 1 RB/3 WR's

My RB's are Portis, S. Jackson and DD

"

I have been offered LJ for Portis AND Jackson or LJ for Jackson AND DD plus a "couple draft picks" (undisclosed as of now)

I would be nuts to do this, wouldn't I??

Thanks

I am in a 12 team dynasty league.

1 pt-25 rush/rec

6 pt. TD

We start 2 RB's/2 WR's or 1 RB/3 WR's

My RB's are Portis, S. Jackson and DD

"

I have been offered LJ for Portis AND Jackson or LJ for Jackson AND DD plus a "couple draft picks" (undisclosed as of now)

I would be nuts to do this, wouldn't I??

Thanks

I'm going to assume DD is Domanick Davis, and no, I would not trade Steven J. and Domanick Davis for L.J.. And especially not Portis and Jackson for L.J..

Steven Jackson is an amazing running back, which I've known for several years since watching him dominate at Oregon State. You might possibly be giving up a running back who has the potential to become the next Hall of Famer--and being that he is only 23, this fantasy point 'gold mine' you have will last up to the next 10 years, or more. Larry Johnson could very well have a record setting season coming his way; however, aside from the last nine games of last year we have no consistent evidence this is a for sure thing. Or even close to being a for sure thing.

If that was the way the NFL world worked and you could predict with utmost certainty how a player will produce using just the last nine starts of the previous season, then someone forgot to mention it to Julius Jones and Kevin Jones last year because the last half of their previous seasons were amazing too--just not their following season last year. :D It's not so easy keeping up that pace for 16 games in a row, let alone during consecutive seasons.

I'm not doubting L.J. will produce great stats. But the point I'm trying to make is that his stock value has skyrocketed right now, especially during the anticipation for the coming up season. Trading away Portis and Steven Jackson in return for only L.J. would be a mistake. I've actually started predicting that Jackson has the potential this year to become the #1 RB. Then to also give away Portis as well, in return for one player, who IMO will produce similar stats to that of Jackson alone will definitely harm your team in the long run.

Maybe trading DD and Portis for L.J. might be something to think about, but then again in your position staying put might be the best answer. Which is a good thing.