[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS: Rod Smith or Nate Burleson?

Prototype

I am debating on who to start between these 2 WRs for Week 1.

Rod Smith v. Rams

Nate Burleson v. Lions

- Both defenses are relatively at the same level.

- Rod Smith is the better player, but with Javon Walker on board, his share of the ball is limited from last season.

- Nate Burleson is a sleeper, but Darrell Jackson, the primary WR is questionable for Week 1, although he practiced Wednesday and is said to be good to go.

- Nate Burleson is coming off an injury last season when he was with the Vikings, so he seems a little unpredictable for the first game?

*Or another option is Reggie Brown as he goes against the Texans this week.

- I believe the Texans have perhaps the worst defense? Although I am not fond of him compared to Rod Smith and Nate Burleson in terms of performance? Or am I wrong?

I am part of the NFL.com league, so I can only start 2 WRs - one of the WRs I have starting right now is Chad Johnson, so I am unsure as to who will complement him between these WRs.

Edited by Prototype

With DJax down, I'd go with Nate. He's got a good shot to be the primary target this weekend. Smith's a good option, but the tie goes to the better QB (Hass) and the potential #1 WR status for Nate with DJax out.

I haven't read that DJax is out, on the contrary everything I have read says he's good to go. Clearly if DJax is out you start Burleson.

I stand corrected. According to the Seattle paper this morning...

ON THE FIELD: Pro Bowl quarterback Matt Hasselbeck was extremely sharp in practice, putting his passes right on his receivers and hitting them in stride.

It helped that No. 1 receiver Darrell Jackson was practicing for the third time this week, and running and cutting well on the right knee that needed surgery during the offseason and forced him to miss all of training camp and the preseason. It also helped that No. 4 receiver D.J. Hackett was moving as well as he has since being sidelined during camp with a strained hamstring.

This greatly decreases Nat's value. Start Smith.