[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roster advice

SC Goes Deep

I need to pick up a bye week kicker and Gould and Lindell are both on the waiver wire. I tried to do a trade (2 for 1) to pick up a better player and clear a roster spot, but I couldn't pull it off. My question is, who would you drop?? My current kicker Reed (who I believe is a fairly highly ranked kicker despite a slow start) or one of my receivers....either Toomer or Horn?? Is Horn going to really do anything this year? What would you do?

Thanks for your advice....

Tough one. I'd probably look at dropping either Williamson or Morris. I know Morris is insurance for SA but he's really not going to bring you much this week or with a bye in week 5. Williamson is not showing me a whole lot - lots of drops despite his "big play" potenential.

I believe you should definetely dump Reed and pick an average or better kicker that has the best match up. Yes, I said match up. What I mean is find which teams GIVE UP the most feild goal attemps each week and play kicker poker that same week. What most people don't realize is an opposing teams ability to play "bend but don't break" defence is what gives a kicker the most chances. You would be very suprised which teams allow the most FG's. The Seahawks were in the Super Bowl but most have no idea that they gave up the most FG's in the NFL last year, by far! I do it all the time and lead my league every year in field goals and nobody seems to know how I do it. Good Luck

I'm not quite sure why you are asking this question unless you are a diehard pittsburg fan or love reed for some other reason.

According to my league which I feel has fairly standard scoring practices, Gould is currently the #5 ranked player in the league with 41 points scored and tied for the #1 kicker with Wilkins. Reed is currently #139 with 12 points scored. Based off of this alone, I would drop Reed for Gould and hope for the best, worst case scenario, you could change your mind and re-pickup Reed at a later date, because their are 23 other kickers that have scored more than him this year and i doubt anyone else would pick him up unless he had a 5+ feild goal game.

On top of that, to repeat what a previous poster already said, N.Y. DEF has a BYE this week and you have another decision to make as to which WR to drop to add a DEF for this week or do you just change defense overall.

Thats another post and I don't have the time to get into it, but I hope to have helped