[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Advice Thread

Flip_Side

I play in a head to head league where you get 1 pt per 20 yards rushing and 1 pt per 10 yards receiving, plus a bonus of 3 pts for 100 yards.

Would you trade Chester Taylor and Steve Smith for Clinton Portis and Chad Johnson or Willie Parker and Roy Williams?

My roster is:

QB- Delhomme and Vick

RB-E.James,C.Taylor,T.Jones and DeAngelo Williams

WR-S.Smith,R.Wayne,D.Mason and R.Williams

TE-L.Smith

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PPR league, standard rules:

Start C. Taylor H vs Lions semi-tough run def or D. Rhodes H and sharing vs Titans poor run def?

Leaning towards Taylor since he's guaranteed most touches?

Pick two out of these three:

G. Jennings H vs Rams

J. Cothery A vs Jags

D. Mason A vs Broncos

Leaning towards Jennings and Cothery as Mason has struggled and will be up against Denver's top pass defense and Champ Bailey?

Chiefs Def A vs Cards or Panthers Def H vs Browns? Chiefs def has outperformed Panthers clearly this year and is playing a rookie QB in his first game (albeit at home). Browns lead the league in turnovers and Panthers will be at home ready for a blow-out.

Thanks

Go with C.Taylor. Won't have to share the load, will catch quite a few balls, he will be used quite a bit.

Jennings and Mason for WR's.

Go Chiefs, Leinart will turn the ball over quite a bit in his first NFL start.

Edited by Flip_Side

Need 2:

Gore vs. Oakland

Brown @ N.E.

T. Jones vs. Buffalo

I was ready to bench Gore, but I just can't againt the Raiders. Saban isn't giving the ball to Brown enough, but at least he's catching passes. And it seems as Jones may have gotten on track against Seattle last week.

Thanks.

Gore and Jones. I think Jones will be able to find quite a bit of running room against the Bills.

Boldin vs. Chiefs with Leinert's first NFL start!!! Zona and co. looked terrible last week, not sure they can bounce back against a pumped chiefs team.

Robinson off a good game last week, going up against the worst rated Pass defense in the Lions! Williamson will definitely get all of the attention which frees up Robinson(who has caught 2 of the only 3 TD's thrown thus far)

what does your gut say hear, gentlemen. He's sitting atop the waiver wire and im gettin ready to grab him for just this week. someone beat me to Greg Lewis....

i got Fuerry as my other WR

sitting R. Smith vs Ravens-i will be dropping him to get Robinson if I go that way...

chad johnson is on a bye (he better wake the eff up as well)

Gotta stick with Boldin. I think Boldins chances are just as good as Robinsons to do anything. Boldin will be targeted a lot more than Robinson even if he does have a worse matchup. Plus I wouldn't give up on R.Smith just yet, he still is a proven veteran.

info in request post was bad ... Mason played SD last week ... they play Denver this week.

You're right, I was going through these too fast and didn't see the mistake. Regardless, I still think the situation will be the same. The Ravens will not be able to find running room and will be forced to pass quite a bit in order to produce anything on offense.

Having a hard time deciding between these 3, need 1 in a standard scoring league.

D'angelo vs Cleveland

Mcgahee @ Bears

Caddilac @ NO

and need some TE help

Heap @ Den, Dallas Clark vs Tennesee.. Clark with the better matchup but hasn't been productive this year..

Caddy. He will be use heavily with Simms absense. New Orleans just gave up monster yards to the Panthers last week, I think this is the week Caddy proves himself once again.

Gotta go Heap. He has proved he is an elite TE this year and is getting a ton of red zone looks.

Std. Performance Scoring

start which two:

Maroney vs Miami

K. Jones vs. Vikes

R. Brown vs. NE

Gore vs. Raiders

THANKS!

Maroney and Gore. Both should have field days with their opposing D's.

Both leagues are 10 yards per rush point, 6 pts per TD, and 1 point per reception. 2nd league has a 3 point bonus at 100 yards.

Start 2:

Gore vs. Oak

McGahee @ Chi

Jordan @ SF

Start 2 RB, 1 RB/WR

Gore vs. Oak

McGahee @ Chi

Edge vs. KC

K. Jones @ Min

Jennings vs. StL

Also, I currently have Fitz and Wayne starting at my 2 WR spots, FWIW.

edit: Also, I have the disappointing Carolina D going this week against Cleveland in 2 of my leagues. Do I stick with them against a pretty weak Browns offense or make a WW pickup? Some of the better D's available include:

NE (vs. Mia)

Min (vs. Det)

KC (@ Ari)

NO (vs. TB)

and

Phi (vs. Dal)

Buf (@ Chi)

KC (@ Ari)

NO (vs. TB)

Min (vs. Det)

Thanks.

1st league:

Gore and Jordan. They should both have HUGH games.

2nd league:

Gore and Edge. Edge should see a ton of carries with Leinarts first start.

Give N.O a shot on D this week. I think they will hand TB a whooping. Gradkowski will turn the ball over quite a bit also.

I play in a head to head league where you get 1 pt per 20 yards rushing and 1 pt per 10 yards receiving, plus a bonus of 3 pts for 100 yards.

Would you trade Chester Taylor and Steve Smith for Clinton Portis and Chad Johnson or Willie Parker and Roy Williams?

My roster is:

QB- Delhomme and Vick

RB-E.James,C.Taylor,T.Jones and DeAngelo Williams

WR-S.Smith,R.Wayne,D.Mason and R.Williams

TE-L.Smith

No, Smith is easily the best receiver out of those imo. Taylor will start playing very well, he has had a tough schedule the past 2 weeks. I wouldn't do it.

Watson vs MIA

E Johnson vs OAK

Watson scored 3 times against MIA last year. Johnson's got a good matchup vs the Raiders.

Watson, I think this is the game he shows what he's made of. Miami gives up some huge plays, expect Brady to find Watson for a few of them.

hey flip side need to know this and thanks for the help...

need to start 2 rb out of these 4 .. r brown, j lewis , parker , gore,

and 2 out of 4 on wr cj on bye, gabriel,r moss ,s moss

starting mcnabb at qb (favre on bench)

carney

gates

and kc or pitt d.. basic scoring 6 for recv and rush td 1 pt per 25 yards

4 for qb pass td 7 for qb rush td 1 pt per 50y pass

Thanks Flip, also, in that 2nd league, I still have one spot remaining at W/R. Should I go with McGahee, K. Jones, or Jennings? I'm having a hard time sitting Willis in both my leagues, but if Driver's out, I'm thinking Jennings could have a huge game (especially since it's a PPR league).

One more if you don't mind....iI have Watson in two of my leagues. I'm a Pats fan and I too know he's due for a breakout week, but I'm getting impatient. I have Winslow as my option in one league and Shockey in the other....can I logically start Watson over them?

hey flip side need to know this and thanks for the help...

need to start 2 rb out of these 4 .. r brown, j lewis , parker , gore,

and 2 out of 4 on wr cj on bye, gabriel,r moss ,s moss

starting mcnabb at qb (favre on bench)

carney

gates

and kc or pitt d.. basic scoring 6 for recv and rush td 1 pt per 25 yards

4 for qb pass td 7 for qb rush td 1 pt per 50y pass

Parker and Gore.

Gabriel and S. Moss

KC for D, should get some turnovers.

Thanks Flip, also, in that 2nd league, I still have one spot remaining at W/R. Should I go with McGahee, K. Jones, or Jennings? I'm having a hard time sitting Willis in both my leagues, but if Driver's out, I'm thinking Jennings could have a huge game (especially since it's a PPR league).

One more if you don't mind....iI have Watson in two of my leagues. I'm a Pats fan and I too know he's due for a breakout week, but I'm getting impatient. I have Winslow as my option in one league and Shockey in the other....can I logically start Watson over them?

Go Jennings, that's a great matchup vs the Rams. He could go off and post huge numbers.

I'd play Winslow in the one league, he has been very consistent.

For the second league I would start Watson over Shockey. Shockey has just been frustrated and doesn't look like his head is in the game.

maroney or brown?

Maroney. He's an explosive back and should have no trouble finding running room on the Fins. The RB tandem of Dillon and Maroney should wear us down fast and Maroney will see quite a bit of touches. I think Maroney will have the better chance of scoring over Brown also. The Fins rarely make it into the redzone and when they do they really don't look to run Ronnie Brown.

Edited by Flip_Side

Bledsoe or Leftwitch

Performance scoring

1pt - 25 pass yds

4pt - pass TD

6pt - rudh TD

points scored so far this year in our league

Bledsoe 54

Leftwitch 83

Bledsoe, should have a great day. He will need to throw to win, and I think he'll put up better numbers than Leftwich.

Starting Holt at #1....who do I start for number 2

Williamson (MIN) versus Detroit or

Re. Williams (JAX) versus Jets

Thanks for your advice!!

Williamson, should have a great day going against one of the NFL's worst passing D's.

Lookin' for a little lineup opinions .....

1QB? Grossman v BUF or Brunell @ NYG

2 RB's? Bush v TB Gore v OAK Addai v TEN RBrown @ NE

3 WR's? Wayne v TB Glenn @ PHI JWalker v BAL BEdwards @ CAR

We get 1pt REC/ 1pt 20 YDS/ 6pt TD

THANKS AGAIN!