[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

David Garrard now the starter?

Avernus

maybe Garrard fits what they want to do more?...

the fact that there are conflicting reports 1 day apart bothers me...

the rotoworld report was yesterday...the sportsline one was today..

I posted this yeterday under the leftwich question

Garrard was 4-1 last year after lefty broke his ankle. Has more mobility than lefty, Passing % about the same. the thing they like about him is the mobility. Ran for 3 FD last week to keep drives alive,something lefty cannot do so LB can take a deeper drop and they don't have to worry about lefty running for a FD. they also said that Garrard will be the starter for the rest of the year, that it is his job to lose. apparently there is something going on behind the scene between Del Rio and Leftwich that is not being reported. They did say lefty was not happy about this especially since he says he is healthy.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Jacksonville's starting quarterback job is "David Garrard's to lose."

With great matchups at home against Tennessee and Houston in Weeks 9 and 10, respectively, and a healthy Matt Jones, Garrard has the table set to stay on as the Jags' starter. He's a fine QB2 pickup in all fantasy leagues, while Byron Leftwich is no longer worthy of a roster spot in most. Nov. 2 - 7:30 pm et

per rotoworld.com

this makes things interesting...

okay...now sportsline is saying this

News: Jaguars QB David Garrard will make his second consecutive start in place of Byron Leftwich on Sunday when the Jacksonville Jaguars host Tennessee. Leftwich said Thursday that coach Jack Del Rio told him before practice he was sticking with Garrard, who led the Jaguars to a 13-6 victory at Philadelphia last week and improved to 5-1 as a starter the past two seasons. Del Rio has repeatedly said that Leftwich, if healthy, would be the starter. Leftwich declared himself healthy enough to play earlier this week and said he practiced without pain Wednesday and Thursday. But Del Rio seemingly didn't agree, a move that could create a full-fledged quarterback controversy in Jacksonville and possibly sour the relationship between Del Rio and Leftwich. The coach downgraded Leftwich to questionable and was unavailable for comment Thursday. Leftwich initially hurt his left ankle Oct. 1 at Washington. The injury flared up nearly two weeks later, but Leftwich convinced coaches he was OK to play two days later at Houston. Leftwich then played poorly in a 27-7 loss, and Del Rio considered benching his starter. Leftwich missed two practices last week and threw his shoulder pads to the ground when he learned Del Rio wanted Garrard to take all the practice repetitions. Garrard completed 10 of 17 passes for 87 yards and no touchdowns or interceptions in his first start, which was in a strong wind. He was sacked once, but ran eight times for 36 yards and had a key 13-yard scramble on fourth down that set up the only touchdown of the game.

Analysis: Bench Leftwich immediately in all leagues this week. And start Garrard only if necessary against the Titans. Look for the Jaguars to run the ball and not throw the ball too much.

:D

What happen to Leftwich? Never thought he was that bad. Is this backup guy a high draft pick or what?

from what I've heard, he's a great leader and all...but he has a slow release to his throws and is just not getting any better...

...personally, I say if he wins games...leave him in and the Jags have had winning records with almost smoke and mirrors the past 2 seasons....

they are a solid team, but somehow manage to play all the good teams really tough....

but now that we have conflicting reports....I have no clue what is going on....and if you want to match reputation vs reputation, I'd go with Rotoworld over sportsline :D

from what I've heard, he's a great leader and all...but he has a slow release to his throws and is just not getting any better...

...personally, I say if he wins games...leave him in and the Jags have had winning records with almost smoke and mirrors the past 2 seasons....

they are a solid team, but somehow manage to play all the good teams really tough....

but now that we have conflicting reports....I have no clue what is going on....and if you want to match reputation vs reputation, I'd go with Rotoworld over sportsline :D

What's Garrard's past? Is he someone they have been grooming?

What's Garrard's past? Is he someone they have been grooming?

well, they drafted Leftwich to be the starter...but Garrard has always played well when he's had to come in...even though last weeks win was ugly...

I don't know if they've been grooming him as he's been there longer than Leftwich...I guess they didn't think Garrard has "IT"...so they disregarded him....

I've always considered him trade bait....but they never made the move..

well, they drafted Leftwich to be the starter...but Garrard has always played well when he's had to come in...even though last weeks win was ugly...

I don't know if they've been grooming him as he's been there longer than Leftwich...I guess they didn't think Garrard has "IT"...so they disregarded him....

I've always considered him trade bait....but they never made the move..

Then there must be something they arn't telling us that happen with Leftwich. Granted he's no Brady, Manning etc, but he certainly wasn't a bust for the Jags.

Then there must be something they arn't telling us that happen with Leftwich. Granted he's no Brady, Manning etc, but he certainly wasn't a bust for the Jags.

maybe Garrard fits what they want to do more?...

the fact that there are conflicting reports 1 day apart bothers me...

the rotoworld report was yesterday...the sportsline one was today..