[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS at QB

dickster

Plummer on the road against Oakland. Leinart is at home against Dallas. I have Plummer penciled in but all things I read say he will have another off week. Leinart gets Fitz. back to help open things up, but hard to pull the trigger after his last two games. Any comments are appreciated.thx

Think about this carefully. Oakland is tough against the pass, and the Broncos will be running the ball in Oakland. Also, Rod Smith has a separated shoulder and will be limited, at best. When the Broncos last played Oakland (Week 6, 10/15/06), Plummer's stats were 11/18, 102 yds passing and 6/30 rushing, with NO TD's, and that was in Denver. I think this will be a low-scoring game with a strong emphasis on the running game, even though Tatum Bell is Questionable with Turf toe.

Arizona, on the other hand, is playing at home (where they do much better), will get WR Fitzgerald back (although in a somewhat limited role), and is coming off a bye.

Given the above, I'd go with Leinart, and I'm a Broncos fan.

bump

I'm a Broncos fan (ok primarily a Rams fan but I married into the Broncos and am forced to cheer for them every week).

I wouldn't trust Jake Plummer to have a good game if he were playing a college team! I don't care if he does have 2 solid starts in a row. As one Broncos fan said it best (seen yelling it on national television after a horrible interception a few weeks ago) "YOU SUCK JAKE!!!"

You know the track record of rookie QB's but Leinart isn't necessarily typical and more importantly he doesn't suck...