[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sportmanship VS Winning my division

iceman1977

He owns the Giants DEF and they have been sucking it up, he hasn't picked up a better on b/c not much better on WW 12 def in all on F.A. someone just dropped Denvers D(they also have Ravens) and I can get them Only b/c of my rival who would grab them quick. We'll surely meet in the playoffs and I would rather face Giants D over Denver for sure, I own S.D. def (Merriman + easier schedule ahead) and Miami's Def and they have scored tops in my league the last 3 weeks, I would have to cut Mark Bradley or R McMichaels for them, WOULD THIS BE A LOW,SLIMEY THING TO DO

He owns the Giants DEF and they have been sucking it up, he hasn't picked up a better on b/c not much better on WW 12 def in all on F.A. someone just dropped Denvers D(they also have Ravens) and I can get them Only b/c of my rival who would grab them quick. We'll surely meet in the playoffs and I would rather face Giants D over Denver for sure, I own S.D. def (Merriman + easier schedule ahead) and Miami's Def and they have scored tops in my league the last 3 weeks, I would have to cut Mark Bradley or R McMichaels for them, WOULD THIS BE A LOW,SLIMEY THING TO DO

Might be wrong, but I feel that's part of the strategy of playing the game.

Absolutely do it...its all fair....two weeks ago, I picked up A Train just cuz the guy I was playing that week was hurting for RB;s, and needed one off the waiver wire...A Train was best availble back....i just stashed him on the bench....Worse comes to worse, you got Denver and SD d; one can be trade bait...good luck

This is a very legitimate strategy IMHO (not at all slimey or unethical). If you can afford the roster spot, then you should definitely be able to use that spot even as a defensive measure in your league.

If suddenly a starting RB appeared on the Waiver Wire that your opponents could use against you, it makes sense to try to get that player off the board so that nobody else can benefit from his potential points. Same goes for any position, even a Team Defense.