[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper League

N.I.B.

We decided this year to start a keeper league, but I am looking for advice on what systems have worked the best for some of you.

We are only keeping one player for next year and may modify that the following years, but questions have arose on how to draft the following year once the first round has been determined.

Sorry for being somewhat newb on this, but we have just had a standard scoring league for about 8 years and wanted to change things up and I am looking for some different opinions and what works best.

Any good links or sites to check on or if any of you have a good system in place, please post and let me know.

Thanks

I commish a 12 team league / 3 keepers for 3 years...

- We keep 3 players drafted from beyond the 5th Round thru the 17th. Waiver pick-ups are treated as 17th rounders. (This system allows stud players to be available in 1st - 4th / ex; LT2, LJ, etc..)

- No penalties for keeping players (ex: rounds lost)

- Each keeper can be held for a MAX of 3 years (starting with year selected)

- ONLY one RB per team can be kept.. this assures plenty will be available on Draft Day.

Draft Picks 7th - 12th are determined from previous year's Playoff Finals.

Draft Picks 1st - 6th are determined from Consolation Bracket Finals, however, teams are given their choice starting with the 1st Pick. If they elect to move down, it's their choice... rinse and repeat 'til all 6 are placed. This keeps teams fighting until the bitter end. Teams must EARN the 1st Pick if they want it.

- Draft Style is typical Serpentine. 5th Round begins the Keeper Rounds (same draft order as 1st Round), Non-Playoff teams get first dibs on the potential keepers for the following season.

It's worked fairly well for us throughout the last 5 years.

Edited by Bulldog96