[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoff pool picks

Tford

This is my first year in this playoff pool and like the title says, it uses a format similar to the Huddle MVP challenge. The way I see it, you want to pick players that you think are going to do well but their respective teams will lose, thus conserving players on the winning teams for the latter weeks. Standard perofrmance scoring, no PPR for RBs, double points for TE yards.

I've got a few decisions to make. Mind helping me out? I'll list all of the players I'm considering for this week and bold the tentative starters.

QB:

Romo

Hasselbeck

Pennington

Eli Manning

Green

I realize that one of my QB starters has to win but I think it will be a high scoring game as both defenses are weak. Pennington or Eli may unseat Hasselbeck as I think Seattle will win.

RB:

Tiki Barber

Shaun Alexander (as flex)

Larry Johnson

Marion Barber III

Julius Jones

Brandon Jacobs

Joseph Addai

Do I commit to my thought that Dallas will lose a high scoring game and start MB3 at flex instead of SA?

WR:

TO

Coles

Plax

<Insert Seattle Receiver Here>

Kennison

Cotchery

Glenn

Caldwell

Harrison or Wayne

I'm fairly confident here as I think TO will do well. Plax and Coles are up in the air but I don't see anyone else as a more secure play.

TE:

Gonzalez

Witten

Shockey

Clark

Utecht

LJ Smith

Stevens

Gonzalez may have a good game if KC gets down early. Witten is my choice if Shockey can't play.

K:

Tynes

Gramatica

Nugent

Brown

Feely

Akers

To be honest, I don't have a clue here. Should I start Nugent if the weather is bad in NE?

D/ST

Philly

New England

Jets

Not sure where else I should go here as I think a couple games will be high-scoring.

Thanks for the help.

I managed to have a half-decent game despite only using four players from the winning teams;

Hasselbeck

Alexander

Philly D

NE D

So that leaves me in good shape going into this week as I have 7 QB options this week instead of 6 as many people chose Garcia and Peyton as their first two QB choices. I think SD will beat NE this week, CHI will beat SEA, NO will beat PHI and I'm not sure about IND and BAL. So here's what I figure my choices are for each position. Again projected starters in bold.

QB:

Brady

Manning

McNair

Garcia

Grossman

Brees

Rivers

If Indy beats Baltimore and I play Manning, that leaves me guaranteed shorthanded a QB in Week 21. Do I make the safer play and start Garcia? Manning could go off in a losing effort.

RB:

Westbrook

Jamal Lewis (possibly as Flex)

Addai

Dillon

Maroney

Bush

McAllister

LT

TJones

Benson

Rhodes

My gamble in being the only guy not to play Westbrook in the first round hopefully pays off this week against NO. Should I be saving JLew? Is Addai the play here?

WR:

Stallworth

R. Brown (possibly as flex)

Wayne

Harrison

Branch

Hackett

D. Jackson

Berrian

Muhammad

Colston

Horn

V. Jackson

McCardell

Caldwell

Gaffney

Mason

Clayton

Should I play any Seattle receivers? This is a PPR league so emphasis is put on possession receivers.

TE:

Dallas Clark

Desmond Clark

Watson (possibly as flex)

Heap

Stevens

LJ Smith

Gates

Graham

Conwell

TEs get double points for yardage as well as PPR. Stevens looks like he's the end-zone target for Hasselbeck and Dallas Clark should get alot of looks underneath.

K:

Akers

Kaeding

Gould

Carney

Gostkowski

Vinatieri

Stover

Brown

Have to be careful here as kickers are as bad as QBs. If I choose a winning team's kicker, I'll be short in Week 21.

D/ST

Chicago

San Diego

Indianapolis

New Orleans

Seattle

Baltimore

The only question here is who is going to win; Indy or Baltimore? I can't miss here or I'm screwed.

Can anyone offer me some insight?