[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antsports does it again

rattsass

Before the season I posted a message about the seemingly suspicious happenings over at Antsports, and now that payout time is here, it appears my fears were well placed.

I only had one team that I kept at Antsports, and that was a keeper league that I have now been in for 4 years. We were due "keeper deposit" refunds after the 3rd completed season. But Steve (the alleged owner) changed the rules before the start of season, and proclaimed that keeper deposits were not to be refunded until after the 4th season. At the time he claimed it had always been a 4 year wait to return deposits.

In addition he changed the prize payout structure to a much lower percentage before this season as well. BUT he did promise those in keeper leagues would be grandfathered into the old pay scale through this season.

I received my prize money yesterday. Minus the deposit, and of course at the new prize payout scale, not the old one as promised.

I got an email from a leaguemate yesterday that was foolhearty enough to play in more than one league this season, and his payout was short by about $100 total.

In addition the company is now doing business out of the jurisdiction of the U.S. government and of course the I.R.S., I think in the Virgin Islands.

Most of you probably don't play at Antsports anyway (except maybe a mock draft or two) but I just thought I would relate this story as a warning. Be careful who you are doing business with. I would advise you to avoid Antsports at all costs. I have won my league championship 2 of the last 3 years, and my team was stacked for next season with great keepers, but I will give that team up, and will not be donating any more of my hard earned money to that con artist.

Edited by rattsass

And their "Free Leagues" cost $12.95. First place gets a trophy and free entry next year, 2nd also gets free entry. The trophy probably costs $25 and he pockets the other $100 in each free league of which there are at least 50.

I played in an Antsports league a few season's ago, and after my year long complaints to the commish of our league, i vowed NEVER to play in another, i sent several complaint letters to Steve and whomever would listen about how i thought they ran their leagues, i played in the $150 redraft. Soooooooooooooo glad i didn't join up ever again.

I think they are a f'ing joke and any huddler wishing to play in pay leagues , regardless of the amount are much better served, surfing these boards for leagues or creating their own and using MFL, RTS or other fine hosting companies.

I played in an Antsports league a few season's ago, and after my year long complaints to the commish of our league, i vowed NEVER to play in another, i sent several complaint letters to Steve and whomever would listen about how i thought they ran their leagues, i played in the $150 redraft. Soooooooooooooo glad i didn't join up ever again.

I think they are a f'ing joke and any huddler wishing to play in pay leagues , regardless of the amount are much better served, surfing these boards for leagues or creating their own and using MFL, RTS or other fine hosting companies.

Good idea. Ya know, the ironic part is that I went there and joined public leagues to find some "suckers", and take their money. And it worked. But in the end, I turned out to be one of the "suckers" at the hands of Antsports.

There is no free lunch.

Yeah me too.