[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eric Snow's agent posted on my blog!

KevinL

My blog now has an updated post, with a picture off my camera with a different pose.

Your blog also has a post on it from you questioning how your son's step brother -- same age, same basketball team, lives with you with a distant biological father -- may feel about this trip between father and son. You asked how to handle it ... Dang. That's tough stuff. The blog doesn't allow for unregistered posts, so I'll reply here.

I think the best case scenario is if you actually applied to win tickets with BOTH sons -- but just happened to win with your biological son. Nearly every kid can relate to games of chance, just talk to the other one and look to do something kinda special with him -- not as a direct make up, but just to give him some 1-1 time of his own ...

However, if you only applied with your biological son and DIDN'T also apply with your step-son, you may have a muuuch tougher explanation on your hands. On the positive side, however, it could be a learning lesson and sets the stage for some family reflection and conversation that can bring all of you even closer if all involved are willing to really share their real feelings. Yep, sounds like a Dr. Phil episode, but if you stay in your role as "the adult", you can keep the drama to a minimum in your participation and come out of it with a better understanding of your new family dynamics and how to handle them in the future.

This kind of thing is challenging even without the dynamics of a blended family -- Good luck with it. Show both boys you cherish them.

Your blog also has a post on it from you questioning how your son's step brother -- same age, same basketball team, lives with you with a distant biological father -- may feel about this trip between father and son. You asked how to handle it ... Dang. That's tough stuff. The blog doesn't allow for unregistered posts, so I'll reply here.

I think the best case scenario is if you actually applied to win tickets with BOTH sons -- but just happened to win with your biological son. Nearly every kid can relate to games of chance, just talk to the other one and look to do something kinda special with him -- not as a direct make up, but just to give him some 1-1 time of his own ...

However, if you only applied with your biological son and DIDN'T also apply with your step-son, you may have a muuuch tougher explanation on your hands. On the positive side, however, it could be a learning lesson and sets the stage for some family reflection and conversation that can bring all of you even closer if all involved are willing to really share their real feelings. Yep, sounds like a Dr. Phil episode, but if you stay in your role as "the adult", you can keep the drama to a minimum in your participation and come out of it with a better understanding of your new family dynamics and how to handle them in the future.

This kind of thing is challenging even without the dynamics of a blended family -- Good luck with it. Show both boys you cherish them.

Thanks for the response. I don't think Nathan was as disappointed as his mother feared that he would be. And we gave him an autographed ticket stub. (The player pictured on the ticket the day we went just happenned to be Eric Snow). The other (younger) step-son had sent a Eric Snow card which we got signed for him.

I think we're ok for now.

• 3 weeks later...

Very cool...do they just photoshop Eric in every picture? He has the same clothes, same stance, same expression in every one of them. :D

Whoever Eric Snow is.

Tim, check out the February 22 game. It was Hardcourt Classics night, all fans got a retro orange t-shirt, and obviously Eric was instructed to play along.