[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roster Question

cliaz

I play on a 12 team keeper league. Standard scoring:

1pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving

all touchdowns are 6 points

bonuses for long rushes and receptions.

Anyways the past two seasons haven’t been too kind to me. My main back has been Rudi Johnson which can tell you pretty much what kind of seasons I’ve been dealing with. In our keeper league we can keep 2 players from different positions for a total of 2 years past the year we drafted them (total of three years). You give up the round you drafted that player in in order to keep him. This is my last year holding on to rudi. Here is my current roster:

(starting lineups are 1QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 Flex either RB, WR, TE, 1 Kicker, 1 Def)

I’m not going to list kickers or Def.

QBS

Campbell, Jason QB WAS

Carr, David QB HOU

Manning, Eli QB NYG

RBS

Bell, Mike RB DEN

Johnson, Rudi RB CIN

McGahee, Willis RB BUF

Harrison, Jerome RB CLE

Perry, Chris RB CIN

Washington, Leon RB NYJ

Wright, Jason RB CLE

WRS

Fitzgerald, Larry WR ARI

Johnson, Andre WR HOU

Bruce, Isaac WR STL

Bryant, Antonio WR SF

I need to get some young starting RBs into my line up. I ended the season 3-10 this past year which means I get the 1st over all pick in our serpentine style draft. That is good because I can pretty much have two starting RBs by the end of round 2.

I’m thinking about making a movie on Taylor Jacobs or Laurence Maroney or Reggie Bush. One team on our league has both Bush and Maroney. I want one of them but it’s going to be hard to pry some of these backs off of their teams

I will list his roster below:

QBS

Bulger, Marc QB STL

Garcia, Jeff QB PHI

Young, Vince QB TEN

RBS

Bush, Reggie RB NO

Williams, Cadillac RB TB

Harris, Arlen RB DET

Maroney, Laurence RB NE

Rhodes, Dominic RB IND

Thomas, Anthony RB BUF

WRs

Henderson, Devery WR NO

Owens, Terrell WR DAL

Wayne, Reggie WR IND

IR

Holmes, Priest RB KC

Should I make a move on these guys which would most likely mean giving up my only decent WR or wait and try to re-build from the draft this season?

Any advice and suggestion would be received kindly.

Thanks

You mention having to give up a pick for the players kept, mind letting us in on what pick must be forfeited to keep the players.

With no more than one RB per team kept, there will be some RBs available. So, Bush or Maroney will be available in the draft, and you could approach the negotiations with that point, saying kind of why not take something rather than getting nothing fo the player. I would not deal Fitzgerald as he is your likely #2 keeper. Other than that, no point holding anything back in the trade offer to get a potentially better RB keeper. I would not deal the #1 pick for one of those guys though as you are already guaranteed one of them (unless a better player is unkept) in the draft if he doesn't deal one. The main reason I would look t odeal for one of them is to prevent him from trading one to another tyeam leaving you with neither (again, assuming they would be your top choice in the draft)

If that owner doesnt go for a deal, I would approach any other owner with 2 RBs that you would keep over Rudi and make the same pitch... get something for essentially nothing as the player would have to be released if you don't deal him. A move in the mid rounds may be enough, as you are only dealing with 2 keepers per team, you could maybe get a deal for something as small as giving up say your 4th or 5th round pick for their 5th or 6th rounder and the player. They are essentially getting a free move up in the draft, you slide back but improve your keeper player.

Just some thoughts from a new guy on the boards.... hope they are useful.

You mention having to give up a pick for the players kept, mind letting us in on what pick must be forfeited to keep the players.

With no more than one RB per team kept, there will be some RBs available. So, Bush or Maroney will be available in the draft, and you could approach the negotiations with that point, saying kind of why not take something rather than getting nothing fo the player. I would not deal Fitzgerald as he is your likely #2 keeper. Other than that, no point holding anything back in the trade offer to get a potentially better RB keeper. I would not deal the #1 pick for one of those guys though as you are already guaranteed one of them (unless a better player is unkept) in the draft if he doesn't deal one. The main reason I would look t odeal for one of them is to prevent him from trading one to another tyeam leaving you with neither (again, assuming they would be your top choice in the draft)

If that owner doesnt go for a deal, I would approach any other owner with 2 RBs that you would keep over Rudi and make the same pitch... get something for essentially nothing as the player would have to be released if you don't deal him. A move in the mid rounds may be enough, as you are only dealing with 2 keepers per team, you could maybe get a deal for something as small as giving up say your 4th or 5th round pick for their 5th or 6th rounder and the player. They are essentially getting a free move up in the draft, you slide back but improve your keeper player.

Just some thoughts from a new guy on the boards.... hope they are useful.

Thanks. Welcome aboard.