[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Google AdWords

keggerz

type in JAMESTOWN into google and you will see just 2-3 sponsored links...

but type in JAMESTOWN ANNIVERSARY and there will be about 5 sponsored listings, one of which is mine, also JAMESTOWN 400 will bring up another of my ad variations

i have a bunch of different combinations of keywords but what strikes me funny is that

Jamestown WAS ACTIVE for me with a MAX bid of .50/click but now it says to make it active I have to increase "INCREASE QUALITY OR BID $5.00 TO ACTIVATE" W..T..F?? why is it that my max of .50/click was good before but now its not, especially when there are only like 2-3 sponsored links? Makes no d@mn sense to me :D

oh and do me a favor dont go clicking the link to run up my charges(i just changed the amount so none of you momos can bankrupt me right now)

if you want to see what its linked to its just my home page www.williamsburgbearfactory.com

Edited by keggerz

type in JAMESTOWN into google and you will see just 2-3 sponsored links...

but type in JAMESTOWN ANNIVERSARY and there will be about 5 sponsored listings, one of which is mine, also JAMESTOWN 400 will bring up another of my ad variations

i have a bunch of different combinations of keywords but what strikes me funny is that

Jamestown WAS ACTIVE for me with a MAX bid of .50/click but now it says to make it active I have to increase "INCREASE QUALITY OR BID $5.00 TO ACTIVATE" W..T..F?? why is it that my max of .50/click was good before but now its not, especially when there are only like 2-3 sponsored links? Makes no d@mn sense to me :D

well, if they kept the price at 50 cent, there'd probably be a ton of sites who would meet that ad criteria, so they raised the price. makes sense to me. the more general the search term, the more types of businesses it will apply to, the more people you're competing with. i would also think the more general search terms are NOT worth your advertising dough, but that will depend.

well, if they kept the price at 50 cent, there'd probably be a ton of sites who would meet that ad criteria, so they raised the price. makes sense to me. the more general the search term, the more types of businesses it will apply to, the more people you're competing with. i would also think the more general search terms are NOT worth your advertising dough, but that will depend.

i can activate the keywords TEDDY BEAR for less then JAMESTOWN and with TEDDY BEAR there are ooooooodles of sponsors

i can activate the keywords TEDDY BEAR for less then JAMESTOWN and with TEDDY BEAR there are ooooooodles of sponsors

apparently not as many as "jamestown" :D

it's pretty simple how their formula works. they have to keep the number of ads that come up limited to a page or so, because nobody will want to pay them if they're coming up on the 4th page of ads. so they set their price accordingly.

apparently not as many as "jamestown" :D

it's pretty simple how their formula works. they have to keep the number of ads that come up limited to a page or so, because nobody will want to pay them if they're coming up on the 4th page of ads. so they set their price accordingly.

i understand that and that is why i dont use TEDDY BEAR as a keyword even if with it only costing about .50-.75/click

but a ton of my jamestown keywords are now asking for what I consider ENORMOUS $$/CLICK and not a single one has more then one page of ads

i am probably looking at in wrong but it doesnt really make much sense to me at all, maybe one of the guys with some adwords background can give their 2cents