[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN's curious hating on UNC

detlef

Did anyone notice the ESPN headline after UNC beat Fl St. by 15 in the tourney? "UNC Could Be Finer". The photo caption went on to read that they didn't look "focused". Dude, they won by 15 pts in a game that only occasionally even got to within 10. UCLA and other top teams were actually losing games and UNC gets dogged for only winning by 15 in what is without question the deepest conference in America?

Because of all the upsets in the first round, they were actually playing the highest seed among the top 4 teams in the ACC. It took BC OT to beat 12, #10 NC St. beat #2 UVA by 7. Only Va Tech handled their opponent in as convincing fashion and nobody would ever confuse Wake Forest with Florida St.

I just thought it funny.

Did anyone notice the ESPN headline after UNC beat Fl St. by 15 in the tourney? "UNC Could Be Finer". The photo caption went on to read that they didn't look "focused". Dude, they won by 15 pts in a game that only occasionally even got to within 10. UCLA and other top teams were actually losing games and UNC gets dogged for only winning by 15 in what is without question the deepest conference in America?

Because of all the upsets in the first round, they were actually playing the highest seed among the top 4 teams in the ACC. It took BC OT to beat 12, #10 NC St. beat #2 UVA by 7. Only Va Tech handled their opponent in as convincing fashion and nobody would ever confuse Wake Forest with Florida St.

I just thought it funny.

The Dook biased at ESPN is borderline grotesque.

I think that was the headline for Pat Forde's article this morning. Forde has never been a big heel fan, but I have to say the article was pretty fair. It was about the fact that UNC still has to mature a bit if they are going to have a chance at a national championship.

UNC sure looked like they are learning their lessons today. :D

I think that was the headline for Pat Forde's article this morning. Forde has never been a big heel fan, but I have to say the article was pretty fair. It was about the fact that UNC still has to mature a bit if they are going to have a chance at a national championship.

UNC sure looked like they are learning their lessons today. :D

Well, I read Forde's article and you're right, it was fair and actually described how coach Williams was angry at some of the plays down the stretch. I suppose my issue was that the UNC could be finer bit was the main headline on the ESPN homepage. Of all the stories to lead with, that seemed sort of odd considering that they'd just handled a potential tourney team and the story basically nitpicks on them showboating and attempting alley oops after they'd put them away. I can assure you, Coach K, Ben Howland of UCLA and whomever coaches Texas A&M likely wish they were in the position to nitpick elements of a 15 point win rather than trying to figure out what they need to do to get back on track.