[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody here use front page?

Duchess Jack

I cannot make head nor tails of it. I am an excel, word, powerpoint and access wiz... never used Front Page though. Figure - as is mostly the case - that you use know one microsoft product, you know them all.

Any suggestions? Good starting points or whatnot? online resources?

My understanding was that I did not need to know HTML

any hints on how to start... right now, it seems pretty intimidating

I was given a template to start with, so I don't really know how to start from scratch. I would say start with a big table, that will give you your main page area. Then start typing or creating tables within that table.

Can I make a suggestion?

Learn HTML and hit some websites that give you design ideas. You'll get much farther and learn more in the process by doing it that way than you will using FrontPage. That and Front Page can really butcher the code sometimes. HTML, CSS and javascript is easy. Any dork with a computer and notepad can do it. The real trick comes with the design and style stuff. Copy designs and styles you see on other sites but don't copy the code though, it's most likely fracked up with a bunch of images and FrontPage or Adobe code. Most importantly, have fun with it.

Oh, the most crazy thing about HTML is that IE 7.0 will render a page differently from IE 6.0 will render a page differently from IE 5.5 will render a pgae differently from Mozilla x.x will render a page differently from Firefox...you get the picture. Each browser and version of a browser does things just a bit differently. Frontpage adds some MS specific stuff which is why I try to warn people away from it.