[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good road win for the Pack.

PantherDave

That's not a good road win for the Pack. It's a GREAT road win for the Pack. They are coming off of four grueling games in four days in the ACC tournament with only a day of rest with essentially no bench. Next year they should make some serious noise in the ACC (and this is coming from a Tarheel fan).

That's not a good road win for the Pack. It's a GREAT road win for the Pack. They are coming off of four grueling games in four days in the ACC tournament with only a day of rest with essentially no bench. Next year they should make some serious noise in the ACC (and this is coming from a Tarheel fan).

Thanks-The future is bright in Raleigh, but this season continues and I'd like to see them bring home the NIT championship.

Glad to know someone outside South Carolina cares about the NIT. To me winning it means more than going 1 and out in the NCAA.

South Carolina won it what..two years in a row or something. It sure as hell beats the alternative of "season over". Plus, if my team would not make at least the Elite 8-I'd rather have the NIT Championship.

South Carolina won it what..two years in a row or something. It sure as hell beats the alternative of "season over". Plus, if my team would not make at least the Elite 8-I'd rather have the NIT Championship.

cute, real cute- you guys and yer NIT lovefest are outta yer minds. yeah the NIT championship did wonders for the South Carolina program..............

PD- you would honestly rather win the NIT than make the sweet 16?? that is mind boggling to me, and I could not disagree more. It is all about having that shot to make a run to the final four- and making the sweet 16 is a damn nice accomplishment, and a helluva year for most programs.

Enough JV tournament talk..............Now back to the NCAA Tournamnet...............................

Didn't the NCAA buy the rights to the NIT this year? Got to think in time the NIT will grow (never anywhere near NCAA like) in interest & prestige since they are giving more deserving teams the invites instead of disappointing teams like LSU who may be a bigger name school, but who's fans really have no interest because they didn't earn it. Think the smaller conference league champions who lose out in their conference tourneys now get automatic bids.

PS: I'll still take a sweet 16 over winning the NIT. To me the winner of the NIT would earn a national ranking in the 30's.

Didn't the NCAA buy the rights to the NIT this year? Got to think in time the NIT will grow (never anywhere near NCAA like) in interest & prestige since they are giving more deserving teams the invites instead of disappointing teams like LSU who may be a bigger name school, but who's fans really have no interest because they didn't earn it. Think the smaller conference league champions who lose out in their conference tourneys now get automatic bids.

PS: I'll still take a sweet 16 over winning the NIT. To me the winner of the NIT would earn a national ranking in the 30's.

The NIT is older than the NCAA tourney, and was "the" post-season tourney until the NCAA Tourney came along.

Yeah, I guess the Sweet 16 would be a better cut-off(my bad).