[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Techies

billay

Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications?

I know they are just trying to cut down on pirated versions byt tying updates and addons to verified OS's, but if I download this thing, what am I opening myself up to? Will my legit version of windows be hampered by lack of access / updates if I don't download it? Will I be subject to more intense monitoring if I do?

What's the story here?

TIA

I know they are just trying to cut down on pirated versions byt tying updates and addons to verified OS's, but if I download this thing, what am I opening myself up to? Will my legit version of windows be hampered by lack of access / updates if I don't download it? Will I be subject to more intense monitoring if I do?

What's the story here?

TIA

I have the answer for you, but first I need you to verify that you are actually billay.

I have the answer for you, but first I need you to verify that you are actually billay.

:D:D

Billay, Microsoft have said they will not make some downloads available unless you d/l and install this tool. I am not sure if they have made good on this yet because there were howls of protest about it, plus the tool apparently made a LOT of mistakes and flagged genuine copies as fake.

Edit for stupid spelling error.

Second edit: I know they are using a one-time version of this tool if you want to download some things, as I had it pop up a few nights ago. It runs and if you're kosher, it allows the download. However, the tool is not installed on your HD.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

What's the story here?

TIA

Go check out Microsoft's knowledge base article on the topic for full details...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/905474/en-us