[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who Wins

yitbos69

M.Turner/MB3/JP

for

Willis Mc/V. Young/1.12

Right now I would say Mc-VY port of the trade. Reason being Turner isn't starting, MB3 is in a RBBC and I am assuming JP=JP Losman.

McGahee may actually play like the best RB in the league in Baltimore and VY is better than JP right now.

Right now I would say Mc-VY port of the trade. Reason being Turner isn't starting, MB3 is in a RBBC and I am assuming JP=JP Losman.

McGahee may actually play like the best RB in the league in Baltimore and VY is better than JP right now.

Yeah that is my thought as well. This is a dynasty league PPR. I won it last year but I need to insert some youth and I thought getting Turner/MB3 could do that. It's a gamble and I an pretty much giving up 2007 unless Turner were to get traded and becomes the Stud most people think he will. MB3 also could be very good if he becomes the starter.

I don't like giving up Willis(I think he will be real good with the Ravens) but sometime you got to give something to get something!

Like I said I would be gambling.

It sure would be nice to know what your roster is, what your scoring system is, and what your starting requirement is.

And quite frankly, :D @ thinking BAL with McGahee is going to improve dramatically in their run game when their running game has fallen progressively off the table over the past 3 years and is now one of the worst in the league. If McGahee couldn't get it done last year with a better running team in BUF (hard to believe one can actually make that statement after Lewis went for 2000+ not so long ago), why on Earth would anyone expect him to improve playing for a team whose running game has fallen completely into the abyss?

Any chance you can remove VY from the trade?

I am not sure about MB3. I really like Turner and think he will be a starter somewhere else this year. If there is a chance you can counter with Turner for Mcgahee I would make that deal looking at the future.

edit to add: it would be nice to know who else you have and if you have someone like Palmer or Manning at QB you can afford to give up Young...

Edited by Men In Tights

It sure would be nice to know what your roster is, what your scoring system is, and what your starting requirement is.

And quite frankly, :D @ thinking BAL with McGahee is going to improve dramatically in their run game when their running game has fallen progressively off the table over the past 3 years and is now one of the worst in the league. If McGahee couldn't get it done last year with a better running team in BUF (hard to believe one can actually make that statement after Lewis went for 2000+ not so long ago), why on Earth would anyone expect him to improve playing for a team whose running game has fallen completely into the abyss?

Frankly you are wrong about The Bills running game.

Bills- 368/1370/3.72/8 td's

Ravens- 401/1518/3.78/10 td's

So why do you think that the Bills Running game is better? What were you basing that statement on?

Roster

Bulger, Marc STL

Delhomme, Jake

Young, Vince TEN

Davis, Stephen STL

Dayne, Ron HOU

Fason, Ciatrick MIN

James, Edgerrin ARI

McAllister, Deuce NOS

McGahee, Willis BAL

Shelton, Eric CAR

Thomas, Anthony BUF

Chambers, Chris MIA

Edwards, Braylon CLE

Galloway, Joey TBB

Harrison, Marvin IND

Johnson, Bryant ARI

Lloyd, Brandon WAS

Robinson, Koren GBP

Rogers, Charles

Williams, Mike DET

Cooley, Chris WAS

Elam, Jason DEN

Broncos, Denver

Jaguars, Jacksonville

League Rules

Starting Lineup Setup

Quarterback 1

Running Backs 2-3

Wide Receivers 3-4

Tight End 1-2

Place Kicker 1

Team Defense 1

(1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D)

Total number of starters: 10

Total number of backups: 14

Scoring: (decimal points will be used in calculating scores)

Offense:

Touchdowns (rushing or receiving) = 6 points

Touchdowns (passing) = 4 points

Two point conversions (rushing or receiving) = 2 points

Two point conversions (passing) = 1 point

Each Rushing/Receiving Yard = 0.1 point (Ex. 75 yds rushing = 7.50 points)

Each Passing Yard = 0.05 point (Ex. 260 yds passing = 13 points)

Each Reception ( WRs and TEs ) = 1 point per reception (RB)= .5 point per reception

Kicking:

Field Goals (less than forty yards) = 3 points

Field Goals (greater than or equal to forty yards) = 4 points

Field Goals (greater than or equal to fifty yards) = 5 points

Extra points = 1 point

Bonuses:

Rush for at least 100 yards in a game = 3 additional points

Receive for at least 100 yards in a game = 3 additional points

Passing for at least 300 yards in a game = 3 additional points

Penalties:

Penalties for fumble lost = -2 points

Penalties for interception thrown = -1 point

Penalties for missed extra points = -1 point

Team defense:

Touchdowns (int. or fumble return, special teams) = 6 points

Blocked Kick (punt or FG) = 2 points

Interceptions = 2 points

Fumble Recovery = 2 points

Sack = 1 point

Safety = 2 points

Points Allowed (whether scored by opponents offense or defense):

0 PA = 10 points

2-6 PA = 7 points

7-14 PA = 3 points

Frankly you are wrong about The Bills running game.

Bills- 368/1370/3.72/8 td's

Ravens- 401/1518/3.78/10 td's

So why do you think that the Bills Running game is better? What were you basing that statement on?

2006 BAL rushing stats:

ATT: 476 11th in NFL

YDs: 1637 25th in NFL

YPA: 3.44 31st in NFL

Rush TDs: 11 22nd in NFL

source

2006 BUF rushing stats:

ATT: 420 25th in NFL

YDs: 1552 27th in NFL

YPA: 3.70 28th in NFL

Rush TDs: 9 25th in NFL

Source

So even though BUF ran 56 fewer times than BAL, they matched up very closely in rushing yds & rushing TDs, and had a much better ypa (even though they still sucked).

That makes BUF a better rushing team in 2006 than BAL.

2006 BAL rushing stats:

ATT: 476 11th in NFL

YDs: 1637 25th in NFL

YPA: 3.44 31st in NFL

Rush TDs: 11 22nd in NFL

source

2006 BUF rushing stats:

ATT: 420 25th in NFL

YDs: 1552 27th in NFL

YPA: 3.70 28th in NFL

Rush TDs: 9 25th in NFL

Source

So even though BUF ran 56 fewer times than BAL, they matched up very closely in rushing yds & rushing TDs, and had a much better ypa (even though they still sucked).

That makes BUF a better rushing team in 2006 than BAL.

I took just the RB's Numbers(we are talking about how a RB would do not how good either team blocks for a wr on a reverse right)

With that team, I'd say that you have to play for the future. By the time you can make it a championship competitor, Harrison, Galloway, McAllister & Edge will all be done playing.

So let's look at your youth core:

QB Young

RB McGahee Shelton Fason

WR Chambers Edwards B Johnson Lloyd Rogers M Williams

TE Cooley

Now I don't know about you, but I'd prefer not to have these guys be my base in 3 years. Young looks like a future stud, hopefully top 8. You know how I feel about McGahee. Shelton & Fason don't look to be amounting to anything. Chambers, Edwards, & B Johnson ought to be a decent WR corps, especially when Johnson leaves AZ next year as a UFA.

So you need some significant RB help, IMO of course. Getting MBIII & Turner gives your team immediate RB credibility for the future, and while that would mean giving up Young & exchanging him for Losman, Losman came on fairly well at the end of last season. You can aim at a QB this year with your 2nd rounder (whomever is left of Stanton, Edwards, & Kolb - hopefully Stanton) and you'll have a pretty solid young team to go forward with for the next 3-5 years.

I took just the RB's Numbers(we are talking about how a RB would do not how good either team blocks for a wr on a reverse right)

So you're saying that teams don't run block a reverse?

Okay, say I concede your point. BAL still sucks as a running team - even if they are better than BUF as you are saying and as I don't believe. Why does the addition of McGahee suddenly make them so much better?

With that team, I'd say that you have to play for the future. By the time you can make it a championship competitor, Harrison, Galloway, McAllister & Edge will all be done playing.

So let's look at your youth core:

QB Young

RB McGahee Shelton Fason

WR Chambers Edwards B Johnson Lloyd Rogers M Williams

TE Cooley

Now I don't know about you, but I'd prefer not to have these guys be my base in 3 years. Young looks like a future stud, hopefully top 8. You know how I feel about McGahee. Shelton & Fason don't look to be amounting to anything. Chambers, Edwards, & B Johnson ought to be a decent WR corps, especially when Johnson leaves AZ next year as a UFA.

So you need some significant RB help, IMO of course. Getting MBIII & Turner gives your team immediate RB credibility for the future, and while that would mean giving up Young & exchanging him for Losman, Losman came on fairly well at the end of last season. You can aim at a QB this year with your 2nd rounder (whomever is left of Stanton, Edwards, & Kolb - hopefully Stanton) and you'll have a pretty solid young team to go forward with for the next 3-5 years.

Thanks for the insight. Very helpful to my thought process. :D

So you're saying that teams don't run block a reverse?

Okay, say I concede your point. BAL still sucks as a running team - even if they are better than BUF as you are saying and as I don't believe. Why does the addition of McGahee suddenly make them so much better?

Willis is not going to run into the line and fall down like Lewis did last year(I think Lewis was hurt the 1st part of last year which could have had an effect) Willis has put up pretty good numbers behind a bad line and bad coaching. Give him a good line(not as good as it used to be) and good play calling and he will put up Top 5 numbers.

Anyway I like what you said in the other post and I hope I can make this deal happen for the Future.