[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doc Chargerz et al - Sleep Medicine?

rajncajn

A good friend of mine has apnea for several years. A hose on his machine broke one night so he repaired it with duct tape. Over the next few weeks his repair failed and his brain was deprived of oxygen for extended periods of time. I went to see him last year in the hospital on his 50th b'day. He no longer knew me. Now he no longer knows anyone. He just sits and cries wishing for death.

Thats a phukin depressing story... :D

Nothing about the nose spray? Did the ENT put a scope up your nose?

:D I'm shocked the ENT suggested a surgical solution. My ENT didn't even suggest it until after the CPAP failed. Definitely get a second opinion before you accept a surgical option, and be 100% about the ENT doing the work. Working with the soft pallet can be very tricky. Not to get all commercial-disclaimer on you, but be sure you understand the risks. Anyway, PM me sometime if you want to talk more about the recovery.

You have to decide what is best for you I know, but please take extra care on this one.

Well, he did refer me to one of his partners who would actually be doing the surgery after the sleep study. Not exactly a 2nd opinion, but at least a more experienced set of eyes looking at it. Before doing any surgery though I will definitely get an actual 2nd opinion though.