[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ocean's 13

TDFFFreak

Way better than Ocean's 12 and on par if not quite as good as Ocean's 11. Loved seeing Pacino, Clooney, and Garcia sharing the screen.

They went back to much of what made the first one so entertaining. A lot going on, but they did a pretty good job of not totally confusing the audience. The ending, while not bad, is a bit anti-climatic (not weak enough to ruin my good time at the movies).

Not a perfect movie, but it gets a :D from me.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I was planning on seeing either that or 28 weeks later...

I saw Knocked up last weekend and in my opinion, its the best comedy i've seen in years.

See another thread, but I really enjoyed Knocked Up. That said, I heard so many great things about it before hand that I couldn't help but be slightly disappointed.

Maybe that helped with my enjoyment of Ocean's 13. Ocean's 12 was kind of a suckfest and reviews have been decent but not glowing on 13, so my expectations were lowered a bit

:D I guess you haven't seen many comedies these past years.....

Pirate is on the right track. Look for the R-rated comedy over the past several years and you will find very few. 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up are truly some of the best comedies coming down the pipeline as of late.

I myself am struggling to come up with many other great comedies over the past 10 years (especially R-rated comedies).

Edited by TDFFFreak

• 3 weeks later...

Peeped O13 last night. I enjoyed it a lot. My wife not as much. She has them ranked 11,12,13 in that order. I think I go 11,13,12. I really didn't much dig 12.

This one was a bit more transparent than either of the others. While 11 had a great surprise at the end, 12 had a pretty lame one at the end, this one didn't have much that I didn't see coming but was engaging and interesting throughout.

Must say that the Clooney/Pitt finish each others thoughts bit has certainly gotten a bit tired.

While the scene in 11 when they were sitting at the bar and one of them said, "Do you think we need another?" "You think we need another." "OK we'll get another", while the other sat there silent was pretty funny. This time, it seemed like they went back to the well a few too many times.

All in all, a fun movie and I'm glad i saw it.

Peeped O13 last night. I enjoyed it a lot. My wife not as much. She has them ranked 11,12,13 in that order. I think I go 11,13,12. I really didn't much dig 12.

This one was a bit more transparent than either of the others. While 11 had a great surprise at the end, 12 had a pretty lame one at the end, this one didn't have much that I didn't see coming but was engaging and interesting throughout.

Must say that the Clooney/Pitt finish each others thoughts bit has certainly gotten a bit tired.

While the scene in 11 when they were sitting at the bar and one of them said, "Do you think we need another?" "You think we need another." "OK we'll get another", while the other sat there silent was pretty funny. This time, it seemed like they went back to the well a few too many times.

All in all, a fun movie and I'm glad i saw it.

Exactly how I felt.