[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What do you think of my dynasty team?

gandalas

Well, I just bought an orphan team, the team had already drafted #1 in the rookie draft this year, and so had taken Adrian Peterson with the top pick. In this particular league, apparently the non-playoff teams compete at the end of the year during playoff time, and the winner gets an extra pick at the end of round 1, with which I took Anthony Gonzalez. Right before I picked that, I got a trade offer of Eli Manning, Maurice Jones-Drew, and Marvin Harrison for Adrian Peterson and Greg Jennings. This trade was too good in my opinion to pass up, and so I took it. I now have the 2.12 and 3.1 picks in a row coming up, and would like some ideas of where to go with my next two picks. My lineup is:

Favre, Brett GBP QB

Manning, Eli NYG QB

Pennington, Chad NYJ QB

Alexander, Shaun SEA RB

Gore, Frank SFO RB

Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB

Washington, Leon NYJ RB

Booker, Marty MIA WR

Clayton, Mark BAL WR

Gonzalez, Anthony IND WR

Harrison, Marvin IND WR

Horn, Joe ATL WR

Davis, Vernon SFO TE

Witten, Jason DAL TE

Kaeding, Nate SDC PK

Chargers, San Diego SDC Def

The scoring is:

* RUSHING - .1 point every 1 yard, 6 every touchdown, 2 for conv., 1 point every 10 carries

* RECEIVING - .1 point every 1 yard, 6 every touchdown, 2 for conv., 1 point every 5 receptions

* PASSING - .05 points every 1 yard, 4 every touchdown, 2 for conv., 1 point every 10 completions

* KICKING - 3 points every field goal (0-49 yards), 4 points every field goal (50 yards plus), 1 point every PAT

* NFL TEAM - 6 points for TD (punt return, kickoff return, fumble, interception, blocked punt, blocked field goal return), 2 points for safeties, 1 point for interceptions, 1 point for fumble recoveries, 1 point for sacks, 3 points each "team" victory, 8 points each "team" shutout.

So do you think I picked up a good team? I think I have a good chance to win the league this year, assuming one of my 3 Qbs has a decent season. My RBs are top-notch in my opinion, I have Clayton and Harrison at WR, with 3 other solid options, 2 pretty good TEs, and in my opinion a top 3 defense and kicker. This is my first season with a dynasty league, however, so I may just be full of crap. It is a 12-team league, by the way, with a link here: Erie League 9

Edited by gandalas

So do you think I picked up a good team? I think I have a good chance to win the league this year, assuming one of my 3 Qbs has a decent season. My RBs are top-notch in my opinion, I have Clayton and Harrison at WR, with 3 other solid options, 2 pretty good TEs, and in my opinion a top 3 defense and kicker. This is my first season with a dynasty league, however, so I may just be full of crap. It is a 16-team league, by the way, with a link here: Erie League 9

If this is a 16 team league, how do you have 2.12 & 3.01 coming up in a row?

Your RBs are very good to great, but you are undermanned at QB and razor thin at WR. Unless you can start 3 RBs, I think you're going to find the going a bit rough. If you can start 3 RBs, you may have a decent shot at the playoffs.

Id' sure be lookig to shore up my WRs & QBs with my next 2 picks, if I were you.

heh...I am a moron...I saw 4 team divisions and something seemed to say 4 divisions to me. :D

But yeah, I agree with the advice on the draft. I currently have a bunch of other rookie WRs and a few QBs on my draft list for the next pic, although I still have a while until 2.12.

What about my team itself, and that trade I made for Adrian Pete? I have not done a dynasty league before, as I said, so any advice is appreciated...

heh...I am a moron...I saw 4 team divisions and something seemed to say 4 divisions to me. :D

But yeah, I agree with the advice on the draft. I currently have a bunch of other rookie WRs and a few QBs on my draft list for the next pic, although I still have a while until 2.12.

What about my team itself, and that trade I made for Adrian Pete? I have not done a dynasty league before, as I said, so any advice is appreciated...

I think you made a very good trade. That said, by making that trade you took your team from a building project to a win-now proposition. I'm not sure you're team is ready to win-now with your weak WR corps, even though you can probably get away with playing QBBC this year. Unless, as I said earlier, that you can start 3 RBs, in which case you can take your chances this year.

If you really want to make a run at the title, you may have to take some risk at RB and deal one of them - I would suggest shopping Alexander & Witten and looking for a stud WR & a lesser starting RB to deal for them. The with playing QBBC you'd have enough talent & depth at all skill positions to make a playoff run.

I think you made a very good trade. That said, by making that trade you took your team from a building project to a win-now proposition. I'm not sure you're team is ready to win-now with your weak WR corps, even though you can probably get away with playing QBBC this year. Unless, as I said earlier, that you can start 3 RBs, in which case you can take your chances this year.

If you really want to make a run at the title, you may have to take some risk at RB and deal one of them - I would suggest shopping Alexander & Witten and looking for a stud WR & a lesser starting RB to deal for them.

I think I would be tempted to try and trade Alexander for a stud WR as well. Bail on Alexander while the bailing is good. You will get tons more mileage out of your stud WR, plus he will probably put up more points than SA this season.......yeah, I said it.