[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question about installing xp to my dell

polksalet

If you lost your Dell OS cd , then you'll need to reorder another copy.

I didn't understand your question as to "I assume it is on here somewhere to reinstall, is it not?" . If your wanting to know if the OS is stored somewhere on you hard drive the answer is no. If your asking if the OS is stored on the Dell cd's, then the answer is yes, and without it you'll need another copy.

Dell tech support claims it is on a partition. My phone went dead before they told me how to correctly access it. Something about Cntrol F11 at boot or something.

I've heard puppy linux is the way to go. You should give it a shot. :D

If it were not for Autocad I would be 100% Linux. Unfortunately that is not the case.

I believe the procedure is to hit Ctrl-F11 when the Dell screen is up. This will bring you to a menu that will walk you through a reinstall. Mind you, this will make the computer just like the day you bought it. No programs installed other than what came preloaded from the factory.

This link has the complete instructions

Edited by Kid Cid