[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

F'ing telemarketers

detlef

So, I get a call from AT&T (my current phone provider) about getting me to re-up and allegedly save some money.

I'm trying to ply exactly what they're going to do and how it is going to be cheaper and end up being basically satisfied that I should save a bit. Not enough to get fired up about but money is money.

She's making a big deal about a 5th line (that I don't at all need) and that it is included in the cost.

"But I don't need it"

"But it's no extra cost."

"OK, but I really have no idea when I will ever need a 5th line. Whatever."

So, we get on to the recorded confirmation, that she reminds me can't be interupted or we have to start over.

Third question in is confirming my name, which she gets wrong. I correct her and we have to start over.

She screws up my name again the next time through, I correct her, we have to start over.

By now it's been a while and I'm getting rather irritated.

Next time we get past the name and all the way to this one:

"You understand that the 5th line is not included in your basic rate"

"Hold up, you said it was free."

"It is, you just have to agree that it isn't included in your basic rate."

"But it is."

"I know it is, but you just have to say that for the confirmation."

"Why in the hell am I going to go on a recorded line and say that I agree that something that I don't even freaking want isn't included in my basic rate when, in fact, it is?"

Blah, blah, blah... eventually I hang up.

She calls back. "Mr. Deal. I understand that you are angry because I got your name wrong those times, can we proceed?"

"You've got to be kidding me. Sorry, not interested" I hang up.

She calls back AGAIN!

"Call me again and I can promise you that I will switch from AT&T immediately."

For the past month or so, I've been getting a call from some "legal services" firm. Apparently they scour the public records for people that owe back child support or have standing issues with "the long arm of the law". They're somewhat aggressive, not quite as bad as collection agents but they try to have that collections type moxie. Well, there is no "John Garcia" that lives with me, despite me telling them this about 8 times. Finally, this morning, after being woken up by one of their calls, I dropped the words "cease and desist order" (thanks Yo Mama) and I'm guessing the phone calls stop. Oh, and another hugh annoyance... when you pick up and say "hello", it's a freakin' RECORDING telling you that "someone in your household may have a pending court matter ... blah blah blah ... please hold for more info". :D I am going to pay them an in-person visit if they call me again.

For the past month or so, I've been getting a call from some "legal services" firm. Apparently they scour the public records for people that owe back child support or have standing issues with "the long arm of the law". They're somewhat aggressive, not quite as bad as collection agents but they try to have that collections type moxie. Well, there is no "John Garcia" that lives with me, despite me telling them this about 8 times. Finally, this morning, after being woken up by one of their calls, I dropped the words "cease and desist order" (thanks Yo Mama) and I'm guessing the phone calls stop. Oh, and another hugh annoyance... when you pick up and say "hello", it's a freakin' RECORDING telling you that "someone in your household may have a pending court matter ... blah blah blah ... please hold for more info". :D I am going to pay them an in-person visit if they call me again.

You might like this then...http://youtube.com/watch?v=S1G0IPBhVTg