[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Insurance people....

rocknrobn26

Just curious what a rate should be for term life Insurance policy per $1k of coverage for a year for a 58 yo male and a 57 yo female.

OK, jokes accepted but I'm just trying to figure out if I'm getting hosed or not.

Just curious what a rate should be for term life Insurance policy per $1k of coverage for a year for a 58 yo male and a 57 yo female.

OK, jokes accepted but I'm just trying to figure out if I'm getting hosed or not.

Tooooooootally depends on the results of your insurance physical.

Tooooooootally depends on the results of your insurance physical.

No physical required as I picked it up/transfered it from the school I was teaching at when I retired.

No physical required as I picked it up/transfered it from the school I was teaching at when I retired.

Still - there are varying rate levels (preferred, standard, tobacco user, etc). There are also break points at certain levels in policies - $250k would be cheaper on a per unit basis than $249k in most cases.

Also, all term is not created equal - some policies may include in the price, or at added cost, feature such as waiver of premium (unemployed and can't pay, ins co picks up the tab until you do have a job) or accelerated death benefits (diagnosed terminal = get % of face up front), etc.

That being said, if you want to PM me something a little more detailed (face amount, length of term - plus the age at which the insurance was purchased, tobacco or non-tobacco, um, that should be enough to get us in the ball park), I'll get you a quote back within a day.