[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stardust

TDFFFreak

I have a feeling most here won't be many here going to see this, but I went last night with my wife and must say that it's the closest thing to The Princess Bride to come down the road in a while. Not nearly as good, but entertaining after a slow start and some intresting, funny characters.

Robert De Niro is great as a pirate although some may not like who he is because it'll shake their image of Robert the actor to the core...

Decent date flick and nice change of pace from the effects before story type fare that inhabits the Summer season. I'll give this a B-.

Two people not together left the theater midway through the show saying it was unbearably bad... :D

Yep, this won't be for everyone and I think it gets off to a slow start, but I found by movie's end that I was enjoying myself. It's tounge and cheek and not easily identifiable by a genre. It's not quite a fantasy. It's not quite a comedy. It's not quite a period piece. I think some will be put off as they go in expecting something completely different than what they get. Like I said, not the greatest movie ever, but different. And sometimes different is good.

My kids thought it was great--only question was why did that man wink at another one--the answer to a ten year took a little longer than the movie

Yeah... that might be tough to explain as well as the pirate captain's behavior.

Edited by TDFFFreak