[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lawn Mowers

Perchoutofwater

As far as string trimmers go, I bought Home Depot's house brand Homelite trimmer this past summer. Looks like its the same engine as some name brands which is not surprising since they are all probably made in China anyway. It just didn't come with a couple extras like a shoulder strap you'd get with name brand models. Works well for me at 2/3 of the price of the name brands. Especially since I'll only break it out 6 times per year.

I think this is it.

As far as string trimmers go, I bought Home Depot's house brand Homelite trimmer this past summer. Looks like its the same engine as some name brands which is not surprising since they are all probably made in China anyway. It just didn't come with a couple extras like a shoulder strap you'd get with name brand models. Works well for me at 2/3 of the price of the name brands. Especially since I'll only break it out 6 times per year.

I think this is it.

Now, my only concern with this would be product longevity. I bought a lower end gas trimmer and a lower end leaf blower, they each made it about 3 seasons respectively, with some struggles along the way. I then went out and bought all Stihl products, and they're simply phenomenal. Better performance, not a single issue, and I've had them for 5 years and they're running like the day I bought them.

Now, my only concern with this would be product longevity. I bought a lower end gas trimmer and a lower end leaf blower, they each made it about 3 seasons respectively, with some struggles along the way. I then went out and bought all Stihl products, and they're simply phenomenal. Better performance, not a single issue, and I've had them for 5 years and they're running like the day I bought them.

Well, if you want top of the line, I agree Stihl is the way to go for trimmers & chainsaws. But I think Stihl trimmers start around 200? Just seemed to pricey for my needs. If I was out using it every week, that would be a different story.

Well, if you want top of the line, I agree Stihl is the way to go for trimmers & chainsaws. But I think Stihl trimmers start around 200? Just seemed to pricey for my needs. If I was out using it every week, that would be a different story.

I missed your last line in your original post. That makes more sense. I use them every weekend, so longevity was a concern for me.

My uncle has this one and he loves it Cub Cadet

I've had the previous model to this CC since I bought the house 7 years ago. Never a lick of trouble, mulches if you want it to and the zero turn wheels on the front are a must.

Edited by Kid Cid