[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NEW Dynasty League - drafting 11 out of 12

canuck

Hi folks -some great info and advice here I thought I would throw out a question as this is only my second year and first where we are starting a new dynasty league (4 keepers for 2008).

Here are league details:

12 Team

PPR (1pt for 5 receptions all players)

6PT all TD's (including for QB)

Starting:

1QB

2RB

3WR

1TE

1DST

I am picking 11 out of 12 - serpentine draft order.

My question is who should I target for picks 11 & 14? How about 35 &38? Does the 6pt TD for QB add extra value to them - should I target Manning or PAlmer?

What about having to start a 3rd WR - should I go for WR early and get away from looking for RB/RB?

My initial thoughts was to try and get Bush at 11 (remember new dynasty league and PPR) and then Steve Smith or C. Johnson at 14. Or should I go RB/RB (i.e. pick two from Bush, Jones Drew, McGAhee, Edge, etc)

Was then thinking either best available WR or another RB (cadilac, Portis, Lynch/A. Peterson) at 35 and a Teir 2 QB (Bulger, Brady, McNabb, etc) at 38 - as I am assuming Palmer and Peyton gone.

I am going to rely on teirs and ADP reports as much as possible but overall was thinking of trying to draft in this order:

RB, RB, WR, QB

Your thoughts and assistance is greatly appreciated!!!

Edited by canuck

The thing about drafting and making a drafting strategy is that your strategy has to be dynamic. So you can come up with a general idea of what you'd like to do ... but when it comes right down to it, it is going to depend on:

1) Who you have already drafted

2) All the other players that have been drafted; i.e. who is left to be drafted

3) Who you percieve you might be able to get at your next draft spot

4) Who you percieve the owners between your picks will draft

5) How many players in a postion are left as it relates to how many you still need to draft

I know its more Dynamic than simply plotting out a strategy (i.e RB, RB, WR, etc) but I appreciate your comments - trying to predict your opponents is somewhere i need work.

I am really looking for RD 1/2 help. I predict out of first 10 picks, 8 will be RB, someone will take manning and someone else will take a stud WR.

Also with the 6pt per QB TD should I alter the draft norm and make sure I get a QB in top 2 teirs (Manning, Palmer, Bulger, Brady, Brees, McNabb, even Kitna) even if that means taking a QB in first 3 or 4 rounds? Last year I waited till 6th round and got stuck as I didnt have that stud.

Finally where it is the first year of my dynasty should I target Bush at 11? - the person drafting 12th is crafty and I have no doubt he would snatch him up at 1.12 or 2.01.

thanks

Edited by canuck