[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Half a point for each reception for WR's

d-dub

I have been in a 10 team Keeper League that used to be a standard scoring league. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1K, 1DEF, and 1 Flex (RB, WR, TE). We are allowed to keep two players per year. The standard points used to be:

QB - 1 pt per 25 yrds passing, 6 pts per TD

RBWR - 1 pt per 10 yrds rushing and receiving, 6 pts per TD

My commissioner this year decided to "change things up" and add a half a point per reception for WR's only. Beyond killing my traditional drafting strategy for RB's, this adds a ton of points for WR's. I fought the rule change to no avail.

In a typical year I would have kept RBs (Maroney and Westbrook is who I planned to keep prior to the new .5 point rule change). After I looked at what this rule would have done to my two WR's (Wayne and Holt) I am leaning on keeping them. The issue here is that this rule change has inflated the WR and deflated RBs.

Because the inflated numbers for the WR's, there are going to be like 15 - 20 WR's that will score more then 200 points in my league and only 8-10 RB's. I have no way to know that Maroney will top 200 points ( I think he will), but Westbrook should. My question is should I keep the two WR's knowing that by my first actual pick, both Maroney and Westbrook will be off the board and I will not get equal value to those RBs. OR should I keep the two RB's knowing that there is a lot of fish in the see at the WR position.

Thanks!

The key is, the rule change inflates the value of ALL WRs relative to the value of ALL RBs, not just your WRs and RBs. It doesn't change the fact that RB is a scarcer position than WR in leagues were you start two of each every week. Stick with keeping Westbrook & Maroney, IMO.