[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TD only league

1stand10

This is My first TD only league. Is Manning worth a middle - late 1st round? TD pass is 4 pt per, no negative for interceptions/ rb wr 6 pts for td.

I did a customized cheat sheet but it only breaks down by position. This is a 10 team draft and I don't know where I will draft.

Any input? Thanks

I'd say probably not ... the big benefit to having Peyton in a TD only league is not the total number of TDs he will throw during the season (which likely won't be many more than the likes of Palmer, Brady, McNabb, etc) so much as his consistency - there will rarely be a week that he throws none, and many or most weeks he will throw 2 or more. I'd consider taking him early 2nd round in a 10-team TD only league, but not sooner than that, especially if I could get a difference-maker WR/TE (TO, Gates, Marvin, Smith) instead. In the TD only leagues I've been in (and it's been a while) I rarely go RB/RB/RB early ... but rather try to get one RB stud in round one, then fill in the other positions, taking "best available" ... since after the top tier of 2-5 RBs (the guys that should be good for 15-20 TDs) are gone, it's often a crapshoot - with any number of guys likely to get anywhere from 8-12 TDs on the year.

Edited by ts

In a TD only league I think Manning is a good middle round pick in the 1st.

He is capable of throwing 40 td's and should get at least 30. getting a guage on any RB besides Tomlinson's TD production is a huge guessing game and no WR will score enough to be worth Manning.

This is the 1st time I have ever told someone that Manning should be drafted in the 1st round. in about every other format I think he is a late 2nd early 3rd rounder.

ts and Doc I appreciate your input. Like ts says it will be consistant for manning. I was thinking about going rb if I get middle pick then wr and try and get kitna in a later round. But with manning you are almost guaranteed 8-12 pts a week. which rb other than lt is going to do that...!! ugh just beating mhy head here

ts and Doc I appreciate your input. Like ts says it will be consistant for manning. I was thinking about going rb if I get middle pick then wr and try and get kitna in a later round. But with manning you are almost guaranteed 8-12 pts a week. which rb other than lt is going to do that...!! ugh just beating mhy head here

I personally think Manning will be gone before you pick as you said you had a late round pick. so you probably won't have to worry about it.