[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help my team out

msmith379

I had a very strong day at WR. But my QB, RBs, and TE suck. My team below.

PPR league, 1pt/20yds rush or rec, 1pt/50yds passing, 6pts/TD. 14 team league

QB - Alex Smith

WR - Steve Smith

WR - Andre Johnson

WR - Jerry Porter

WR - Patrick Crayton

WR - James Jones

RB - MJD

RB - Ahman Green

RB - BJAX

RB - Tatum Bell

TE - Heath Miller

K - Jason Hanson

DEF - BAL

My question is looking at my team I am very strong at WR but very weak at QB and RB. I think I can find a QB in free agency. I guess my question is if I were to trade a WR for a player like SJAX, Gore, Addai or LT what do you think it would take from my team? Do you think I could trade Johnson or Steve Smith straight up. Although everyone is probably down on LJ he still is good I could maybe make a good deal for me for him as well.

What do you think I should do?

Thanks for the help

I doubt that you will be able to trade AJ/SS even-up for the likes of SJAX, Gore, Addai or LT so you may not have much room to work with in a 14-team league. Also, I heard that Crayton suffered a broken finger today, so you may not have as much WR depth as you think.

Since this is a 14-teamer, even injured guys like Morency, Jacobs & K Jones may be stashed away on a roster, but perhaps your best bet might be to shop someone like Porter or James Jones for one of those RBs, hoping that they come back soon & strong enough to help you out in a couple of weeks?

I doubt that you will be able to trade AJ/SS even-up for the likes of SJAX, Gore, Addai or LT so you may not have much room to work with in a 14-team league. Also, I heard that Crayton suffered a broken finger today, so you may not have as much WR depth as you think.

Since this is a 14-teamer, even injured guys like Morency, Jacobs & K Jones may be stashed away on a roster, but perhaps your best bet might be to shop someone like Porter or James Jones for one of those RBs, hoping that they come back soon & strong enough to help you out in a couple of weeks?

Chester Taylor got dropped in my league this week and is still out there but is Adrian going to take all of his carries? Should I pick him up? If so who should I drop?

Chester Taylor got dropped in my league this week and is still out there but is Adrian going to take all of his carries? Should I pick him up? If so who should I drop?

Well - I don't see Tatum Bell as having much value, but Chester is likely not your answer - hurt and at best will share with AP when healthy - watch the injury reports, if Crayton really does have a broken finger, he won't help you much in the next few weeks so could be a "drop" candidate if there is any WW fodder worth grabbing...how about D. Wynn from Green Bay?

Well - I don't see Tatum Bell as having much value, but Chester is likely not your answer - hurt and at best will share with AP when healthy - watch the injury reports, if Crayton really does have a broken finger, he won't help you much in the next few weeks so could be a "drop" candidate if there is any WW fodder worth grabbing...how about D. Wynn from Green Bay?

Yea could pick Wynn up I was looking at that. Would you drop crayton or BJAX?

Either / or .. KJ has better long-term potential to help you, it depends on if you think you can wait for him to get healthy.

I think I can. I have better matchups next week with my team and top 8 make the playoffs so all I have to do is finish 500 or better and I should be in. I should be 1-1 after this week. Knowing that what would you do?

Knowing that what would you do?

Target getting KJ, giving up at little as possible ... leaving Wynn (who is probably a reach/panic pickup anyway) on the WW if it will cost you as much to get him as it might to get KJ.

Edited by ts

Target getting KJ, giving up at little as possible ... leaving Wynn (who is probably a reach/panic pickup anyway) on the WW if it will cost you as much to get him as it might to get KJ.

I put for Jerry Porter for KJ. Didn't offer James Jones for the pure fact that I feel like Jones has more potential than Porter and I think Farve will through a lot. Also besied Porter's TD today Jones has out played him. I think tomorrow morning first thing I am going to drop Alex Smith for either Brandon Jones, Brandon Stokley, or Roydell Williams (who would you pick) to give me a someone good at WR.

Then see how the add/drops go this week and hopefully a better QB is out there and the trade goes through and I will probably drop one of those WRs or BJAX. But at least I have a plan now.

Thanks for your help.

I think tomorrow morning first thing I am going to drop Alex Smith for either Brandon Jones, Brandon Stokley, or Roydell Williams (who would you pick) to give me a someone good at WR.

Dropping Smith is fine, but who will you add at QB? as far as the WRs mentioned, the only one I'd have any real interest in would be Stokely.

Good luck, however it pans out for you.

Dropping Smith is fine, but who will you add at QB? as far as the WRs mentioned, the only one I'd have any real interest in would be Stokely.

Good luck, however it pans out for you.

Well I have been busy since my last post. I saw that post about Gore being injured and offered BJAX for Hassleback. He has another QB so I may be able to pull that off.