[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Addai Trade

Bruins4

Addai and Keith for Ronnie Brown & Randy Moss  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Trade away J. Addai & K. Keith for Ronnie Brown & Randy Moss?

• Yes
    • No

Should I trade away Joseph Addai and Kenton Keith for Ronnie Brown and Randy Moss? Moss would be a nice addition, but I think Brown would be a pretty serious downgrade, especially in weeks 14-16.

Here's my team, which is currently in 1st place, so this isn't a desperation move.

QB - Brady, Eli Manning

RB - Addai, Keith, LaMont Jordan, Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, Sammy Morris, Maurice Jones-Drew, Kevin Jones

WR - Terrell Owens, Lav. Coles, Santonio Holmes, Roddy White

TE - Kellen Winslow

D - Jax, Sea

K - Mason Crosby

Standard scoring, non-PPR.

It feels like this should be a no-brainer, but the matchups for the playoff weeks are really giving me second thoughts.

That's just the thing, I don't feel that Ronnie Brown is a better RB. He's scored more total points than Addai (especially with Addai taking this week off), but Addai has delivered more consistent points. He's the clock killer for a high powered offense that is more often than not going to be in the lead, and nobody's taking goal-line touches from him. Brown has had a few big games and a few nothing games. Granted, he doesn't have anyone taking goal-line carries from him either, but there's no guarantee that Miami will even get into the red zone in any given week. I'm really worried that Brown will vanish during the playoffs...he's playing the Ravens week 15 and the Patriots week 16, which pretty much kills his production in the final 2 weeks. (Although, the Pats do tend to lose that game every year, even when the Fins suck...)

Edited by Bruins4

I put this in the no brainer category. You could really use the upgrade at WR. Moss over Coles is a huge upgrade. At RB, arguments can be made either way about Addai vs Brown, though I believe Addai is the better fantasy player when healthy now that the Dolphins have lost their QB (certainly for a while, possibly for the year). However, even with this loss, Brown will be a good play every week as the offense will run through him - and he IS healthy.

Regarding the playoffs, remember, you first have to get there and Moss/Brown will help you do that better than Addai/Coles. The reality is that both Addai and Moss may be sitting in Weeks 15 & 16 the way their teams are going - so don't let their matchups in those weeks drive your thinking too much. If Addai's injury lingers, he will be more likely to be rested at the end of the year...

Ultimately the drop off from Addai to Brown (if there is one at all) is peanuts compared to the huge upgrade at WR you gain through the acquisition of Moss. Do the deal.

Pls see my trade post.