[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP Game Breakdowns

Anyone else who reads the daily articles from The Huddle think that the the IDP game breakdowns add no value?

For example, I am trying to decide on playing Adrian Wilson or Jared Allen. IDP rankings have them at the top of their positions for this week, and the game breakdown doesn't help me much with these statements:

About the Cardinals D:

Carolina is without starting QB Jake Delhomme and may be without backup David Carr, forcing them to use recently signed Vinny Testaverde this week. The Panthers will run the ball, and keep the pressure of which ever QB they use. Expect the Arizona LB’s and pass rushers to have strong games.

About the Cheifs D:

Cincinnati has a chance to rebound in a big way this week. Their offense has sputtered in recent weeks, but Kansas City is the perfect remedy for their ailment. The Chiefs have playmakers on their defense, but don’t play as a unit. Jared Allen is one of the best DL in the game, and Donnie Edwards is lights out at the LB position. But this team seems out of position somewhere on virtually every play.

Maybe I'm expecting too much, like talking about allowing the most sacks/interceptions/tackles at a position. There are a lot of other sources on the huddle where you can find that information, but the IDP game breakdown just seems to give a HIGH level summary of the game and nothing that helps make start/bench decisions...

I should say - it's tough to add value about who to play when you have:

Adrian Wilson

Keith Bulluck

DeMeco Ryans

DJ Williams

Mike Peterson

Jared Allen

in a 12 team league that starts 4 guys...my perspective might be a little different from someone elses...

Edited by Seymour93

I should say - it's tough to add value about who to play when you have:

Adrian Wilson

Keith Bulluck

DeMeco Ryans

DJ Williams

Mike Peterson

Jared Allen

in a 12 team league that starts 4 guys...my perspective might be a little different from someone elses...

Are you kidding me? You start Adrian Wilson, Bulluck, Ryans, and Peterson. I LOVE Allen....but he is a lineman. The other guys have more chances to make tackles and interceptions and defend passes....you start them.