[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Advice

T-Bone23

Should I?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Trade Rudi Johnson for Marvin Harrison?

• Yes
    • No

I have very nervous owner in my league who had Ronnie Brown. He really doesn't have any other 'good' choice at RB on his roster and in this very competitive 12 team keeper league his waiver wire options are rather limited too. I currently have C. Portis, M. Lynch, R. Johnson, and L. White.

I need WRs and he has a couple worth considering. We have reached a non-blockbuster verbal agreement but I am nervous to pull the trigger. He wants to trade Rudi Johnson for Marvin Harrison.

Should I?

I am going to offer the other side...Marvin is going to be a starting WR when he is 100%...there is no doubt about that...he got out there last night, probably wasnt 100%, but was close, or they wouldnt have allowed him out there...I am sure he will be fine in the long run...

With Kenny Watson in the picture, Rudi could be losing his gig...and Cincy's defense is so bad, they are falling behind and having to throw more..

I'd say no, especially as it's a keeper league. How badly do you need a WR?

I'm currently 4-3 in the standings. I'm not hurting for the season, but I have Roddy White, Jason Witten (as a WR in this league), and Derrick Mason all on BYE this week. If I trade Johnson I gain back some salary cap room and fill a WR role this week, which helps me in my bidding process for any other waiver wire adds that I might try to acquire in our weekly bid. i can't hlep but think that Rudi's role is diminishing in Cinci and Harrison is going to be healthy and contributing soon.

**Edit-Basically what you said #1NinersFan

Edited by T-Bone23

I am going to offer the other side...Marvin is going to be a starting WR when he is 100%...there is no doubt about that...he got out there last night, probably wasnt 100%, but was close, or they wouldnt have allowed him out there...I am sure he will be fine in the long run...

With Kenny Watson in the picture, Rudi could be losing his gig...and Cincy's defense is so bad, they are falling behind and having to throw more..

You make some good points with regard to production for this season...but what about going forward?

Marvin is still a great receiver, but age does catch up to all of us. I don't think Watson will be a long-term threat to Rudi, though stranger things have happened.

I guess it really depends on how badly T-Bone needs a WR.

You make some good points with regard to production for this season...but what about going forward?

Marvin is still a great receiver, but age does catch up to all of us. I don't think Watson will be a long-term threat to Rudi, though stranger things have happened.

I guess it really depends on how badly T-Bone needs a WR.

Oh, I didnt see it was a keeper league until just now...hmmm...that may sway my opinion....tough one!

I'm currently 4-3 in the standings. I'm not hurting for the season, but I have Roddy White, Jason Witten (as a WR in this league), and Derrick Mason all on BYE this week. If I trade Johnson I gain back some salary cap room and fill a WR role this week, which helps me in my bidding process for any other waiver wire adds that I might try to acquire in our weekly bid. i can't hlep but think that Rudi's role is diminishing in Cinci and Harrison is going to be healthy and contributing soon.

**Edit-Basically what you said #1NinersFan

Let me ask this, and be honest with yourself when you answer this....will this move put you in prime position to win the league this year? If you say yes, I pull the trigger...you are losing a little in the long run, but a win this year is better than a win next year, year after, etc.....

if it doenst put you in the drivers seat this year, then I probably dont do it...

Oh, I didnt see it was a keeper league until just now...hmmm...that may sway my opinion....tough one!

Yeah, sorry. I was in such a hurry to post that i left out some key components. In the keeper department, there is a good chance that Johnso and/or Harrison won't be in my plans anyway. We keep four players and right now today, my keepers would be M. Lynch, Portis, Romo, and Witten. In this leagu they are all relatively cheap and have active contracts. Rudi, on the other hand only has a year left and a hefty salary from two years ago. Harrison would probably be nothing more than a one year rental for me.

Let me ask this, and be honest with yourself when you answer this....will this move put you in prime position to win the league this year? If you say yes, I pull the trigger...you are losing a little in the long run, but a win this year is better than a win next year, year after, etc.....

if it doenst put you in the drivers seat this year, then I probably dont do it...

That right there is the 50 million dollar question. Okay, probably not that much, but it is the key component to the deal.

1. Rudi hasn't been instrumental to the reasonable success to my team thus far. Without him I still have options.

2. Harrison hasn't done much to this point and it offers a perfect 'buy low' scenario. When healthy we all know that he is Peyton's right hand man.

Who stands to have the better second half (by position)?

Edited by T-Bone23

That right there is the 50 million dollar question. Okay, probably not that much, but it is the key component to the deal.

1. Rudi hasn't been instrumental to the reasonable success to my team thus far. Without him I still have options.

2. Harrison hasn't done much to this point and it offers a perfect 'buy low' scenario. When healthy we all know that he is Peyton's right hand man.

Who stands to have the better second half (by position)?

I would say Marvin...and if you dont intend on keeping either guy, then I do the deal...